Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Idle - Diesel Manual

Hi all,
    My NS has been idling a bit ruff every now and then.
    I told the dealer about it when it went in for the 1k service and they couldn't find anything wrong.
    Since then i am now able to do it "on command" so to speak.
    I find that when i reverse at a very slow speed (when reversing out of my drive way as not to run any kids or anyone else over for that matter) and then when i put the clutch in again it sounds like it is only running on about 3 cylinders.
    It stays like this for a while, if take it for a drive and it seems to go back to normal. If i give it a rev it still idles rough. If you turn it off and then start it back up again it is right until you do it again.

I have also noticed that i am getting inconsistant fuel consumption readings. If i go for a drive the car will cruise at a certian L/100kms when i get there turn off the car for 1/2 or so, and then on the return trip it seems to go up by a couple of L/100Kms. This is country city driving with no traffic, or wind, and the same driving style.
    I'm not sure if the problems are linked, or if the car is still running in (7200kms on the clock).

I am booked in for the 7500km oil change on the 11th Feb so i will see what they can find then.

But i am interested if anyone else has had these problems. They're not really a major problem, but i wouldn't expect them on a new car.

Josh
    * NS GLX 3.2L White Manual Poojero
    * Uniden UH015sx UHF, Smartbar, Spot Lights
    * Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
    * Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
    * Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
    * Pajero now sold!

Mine does the same, when I took it back to the dealer for the services I explained them the situations, when I picked it up the explained that there was nothing wrong, but it still does it. Interesting that yours is a GLX manual and so is mine, maybe there is something wrong.

I would be interested to see what they say about yours...

Cheers Pajman
    SOLd NS GLX, 3.2 DID, MANUAL, ARB BAR, IPF SPOTLIGHTS X 4, REAR STORAGE SHEVLES, DVD, SAT NAV, OME 2 inch lift, Dual Battery and roof racks
    wishing :

Now driving

Mazda BT50, bullbar, spotlights, light bar and need so spend more.......

Comment

Ah ok, well thats good in one way that i am not alone.
      They will most prob just hand ball me to MMA, but see what happens

I will post up anything that i find out.

Cheers
      * Pajero now sold!

Comment

Yep, mine does the same, and has been doing it as long as I can remember - but only occasionally.... GLX DiD Manual.
        It doesn't worry me too much, but it does sound a bit dodgy, and your right, revving doesn't make it go away.
        I'm 250km away from the nearest dealer, and not in any hurry to see them either!! I'm about to book into my 30,000km service at some local place, but Josh, let us know if your dealer says or does anything as I can mention it when I take my car in for a service.

Mike
        NS GLX Silver DiD manual, diff lock, A/T Bridgestone Dueler, Smartbar, 170mm Lightforce driving lights, Phillips 50+ H11, fogs, sidesteps, tow bar, roof racks, bonnet protector, dust deflector, cargo barrier, GME TX3440, Blueant Supertooth II, Fullriver 110a/h AGM in rear seatwell, 40L Engel, slide & rear compartment, camper-trailer.

Comment

Will do Mike.
          * Pajero now sold!

Comment

It looks like most of the GLX's have this problem.
            Was there a ECU fix that came out before? I thought i read it somewhere on here but i couldn't find it.
            Anybody know??
            Wondering if it fixed this problem.
            * Pajero now sold!

Comment

My understanding was that all ECU upgrades to date have been either related to noisy engines or DPF issues, which in both cases were for auto gearbox variants only.
              Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

Haven't noticed this problem in mine (22000km). Both of the ECU upgrades have been for the auto and when I spoke to MMA they said there were no plans for a manual version.
                2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

Rough Idle

Hi all

Im having the same problem but its intermitant cant replicate all the time.
                  I have a shorty 3.2 auto its had its reflash at the dealer and you tell the dealer theres a issue and they cant find a prob. It seems unless theres a engine check light on on the dash and they can hook up the Mutt 3 and read the fault they cant fix it. Is there any one that can HELP.

Comment

Originally posted by andy1 View Post
                    Hi all

Im having the same problem but its intermitant cant replicate all the time.
                    I have a shorty 3.2 auto its had its reflash at the dealer and you tell the dealer theres a issue and they cant find a prob. It seems unless theres a engine check light on on the dash and they can hook up the Mutt 3 and read the fault they cant fix it. Is there any one that can HELP.
                    andy does it run a little rough for a few seconds (then goes smooth) when you pull up at the lights etc ??
                    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Matthew

Yes thats what its doing but not every time i pull up cant seem to replicate it to show the dealer. I also have another problem of fuel slosh you can hear the fuel in the tank when stopping a tump under the feet i reckon its worse when ive used 10 litres of fuel from filling up but thats another prob just be happy to fix the idle.

Regards Andy

Comment

Matthew

Yes thats what its doing but not every time i pull up cant seem to replicate it to show the dealer. I also have another problem of fuel slosh you can hear the fuel in the tank when stopping a tump under the feet i reckon its worse when ive used 10 litres of fuel from filling up but thats another prob just be happy to fix the idle.

Regards Andy
                        thats good news andy, as it means folk like us will report it.. the dealers says "sorry never heard of it before" and after a while mma will find out and a fix will be sent to the dealer.. Sooo.. its up to us to push the dealer to ask mma for some tech advise/solution..
                        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

Mathew

Due for a 30k service will push the dealer on the prob will let you know what happens

Regards Andy

Comment

excellent thanks..

i also asked and they said "showed no fault codes", i guess i was supposed to go away then because no action plan to trouble shoot was communicated. look fwd to your results
                            Last edited by matthewfnorbert; 12-02-08, 06:32 AM.
                            SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

Mathew

Due for a 30k service will push the dealer on the prob will let you know what happens

Regards Andy

Just be fair mate!

If a dealer or you can't get the problem to happen, there's not much to go on, is there?

Maybe leave the vehicle with them for a whole day or two, and ask them to drive it, and drive it alot, to try and get the problem to happen.

Maybe even ask the dealer to speak to Mitsu technical and ask them for advice, or if the problem has happened elsewhere.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X