Water Bladder iin rear of LWB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Bladder iin rear of LWB

I was thinking of installing a water bladder in the space left when you pull out the 3rd row seats. Someone posted up a pic of this a while back but I can't remember where it was.

I noticed that "Flexitanks" have a 90l bladder which is meant for the underfloor of the Pajero. Does anyone know if this means in the space where the 3rd row seats are? I measured it up and the length and width are correct but there is not enough deapth. I am guessing that you would need to remove the plast insert. Does this make sense? Has anyone done it?

http://www.flexitank.com.au/4wdflexitanksaustralia.asp
    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
    1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

I have been thinking of doing the same Adam.

Here is the post by the way
    http://140.99.20.180/forum/showthrea...walkers&page=2
    Was in yours

I was thinking of getting a couple of 20L water bladders/containers as that would be plenty for the trips i do (about 40L).

But that 90L looks nice, just fill it up enough for what you need.
    Any idea on a price?

I have been looking at the pumps, they seem to start at about $80.
    I am going to look into a manual hand pump, they might be a little cheaper.

Let us know how you go anyway.

Josh
    * NS GLX 3.2L White Manual Poojero
    * Uniden UH015sx UHF, Smartbar, Spot Lights
    * Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
    * Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
    * Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
    * Pajero now sold!

Comment

I have emailed flexitank to see what they recomend for getting the water out. If you could have just a gravity fed hose it would be easiest but since the bladder is down low it might not be possible

I installed my own 12v water pump in my trailer (like the one in the picture) but I think that might be a bit much. Those pumps are very suceptable to any gunk in the water so you should always run them with a good filter which then takes up mkore space and gives you something else that could leak.

I think a hand pump is probably easiest, just a matter of finding a good easy to get to but out of the way mounting spot.
      thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
      1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Yeah ok thats good to know then, re - 12v pumps.
        I was thinking of the old caravan type pumps (see pic) and making up a little wooden box to mount it in.
        But need to give it some more thought etc...
        Attached Files
        * NS GLX 3.2L White Manual Poojero
        * Uniden UH015sx UHF, Smartbar, Spot Lights
        * Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
        * Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
        * Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
        * Pajero now sold!

Comment

I also intend on getting the flexi tank and mounting a 12volt pump to the ORS drawer system that I also inted to get. No idea of what pump to use - I just want something that wont break. Will be keen to see what you guys do.
          Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

I used one of these pumps from Whitworths in the camper - cheap and cheerful. Although not self-priming, if you mount it below the bladder (possibly in the space for the jack) then the residual water in the line would be enough to prime.

12V pump

I decided against a bladder on the basis of cost and that 4 10L plastic containers fitted into the space nicely. This has the advantage that if I have to fill up at a questionable source then the whole lot doesn't get contaminated. I have a fifth container with a tap and refill this one from the stored ones. I designed the storage system so that I could get into the well but a bladder would be the only choice if your draws don't allow this easily.

90L/kg is a lot to have hanging behind the axle - do you have polyairs or HD suspension?

Adrian

Comment

Yes, I have a HD suspension and will aslo be installing polyairs. The weight is not that bad when you consider most vehicles have a 90l fuel tank in that space.

I don't like the idea of mounting anything under the bladder. I think I would also add some type of lining in the area just to make sure there was no rubbing.

I like the idea of the single bladder because it makes it a lot easier to fill and I will be installing drawers over the area so I want to be able to fill it up without having to access the area.

I would recommend using a pmp like this.

http://www.caravansplus.com.au/catal...oducts_id=1335

It is a bit more expensive but is self priming up to 5m and has a pressure switch built in.

The ore I think about it the more I like the idea of a 12v pump. (I change my mind easily). I plan to get some drawers fromTrek Tech in SA. They are only $1095 delivered to Melbourne and the removeable panels on the side will be perfect for storing the pump
              thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
              1987 Range Rover Ute

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X