Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel wheel update

Hi all,

I phoned Wombat Offroad today regarding 17 inch steel wheels and he advised they are still another 2-3 weeks away, and will cost ~ $130 each. Says they will come in silver only initially.
    Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

hay mate,
    are the 17" steel rims the same size as the GLX wheels, as to what tyre size will fit ?
    Cheers
    Tom.
    2007 Black NS DiD Pajero LWB.
    ARB air compressor, Dual batteries (Redarc)
    ARB Bar, Warn Winch, Uniden UHF015sx, tow bar 2" lift lightforce XGT's.

Comment

I'd say they would be. I plan to fit Cooper ST 265/70R17s.
      Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

Maybe I should show you the set of 265/70 17 ST's we just returned to the Coopers distributor after 2500km. Torn lugs and chunks missing everywhere after one VHC trip.
        2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
        2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

Originally posted by psproule View Post
          Maybe I should show you the set of 265/70 17 ST's we just returned to the Coopers distributor after 2500km. Torn lugs and chunks missing everywhere after one VHC trip.
          This is nothing dissimilar to posts on the www.aulro.com forum. Coopers have had a good reputation maybe just from marketing muscle but their products are definitely not living up to expectations or promises.
          2007 NS Pajero LWB, Tow pack, FP, 18" rims. A great family adventure car.

Comment

Why didn't you get ST-C's ? The ST's are known for being fragile and it seems they are more suited to on-farm use than 4wding.
            NS oil burner shorty

Comment

I am actually getting the ST-Cs, having heard chipping stories about the STs. The reduced milage isn't really an issue. As they are a second pair it will take me ages to wear them out anyway.

Comment

I was also going to fit something similiar to my steel rims when someone has them available. Was thinking about STT or STC's but im not sure have even looked at a few other brands and some sound pretty good. I need them for canning stock route (and no it's not an annual event in case any kiwi's are on here.) etc. Anyone else got any idea on tyres cos this is my first 4x4.

Cheers
                Adrian
                p.s. Nothing wrong with Kiwi's.
                NW Pajero VR-X
                Currently stock

Comment

Scnhiff..

Try Dynamic Steel Wheels in Bayswater they sell only steel, lots of sizes and most in black or white (no brightcolour lines) an d silver.

In april last year 5 rims 15x7 cost $50 each, from my local Beaurepairs.

I founnd them to be of good quality too....
                  Matt

TOTTIE the Blue Paj
                  '02 NM Exceed, Lovells shocks and springs 2" lift, 32" Maxxis Bighorns MTs, ARB bull bar, 9500lb Warn winch with rope, snorkel, Lightforce driving lights, diff breathers, TJM sump & trannie bash plates, UHF, GPS, doovalackkies, fire exstinguisher, Rhino Rack & tray, Dual Batteries, whatchamicallits, Fourby Fitouts rear storage system, Engel 40L, fold down table, extractors

Comment

last time i spoke to dynamic they said they didnt have them to suit NS

cheers
                    Adrian
                    NW Pajero VR-X
                    Currently stock

Comment

Originally posted by Eastie View Post
                      Why didn't you get ST-C's ? The ST's are known for being fragile and it seems they are more suited to on-farm use than 4wding.
                      They were on my fathers 120 Prado. Coopers have swapped them for the ST-C's. Not my decision.
                      2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                      2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X