Dumb mp3 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb mp3 question

Could any one give me some advice on the mp3 player in my glx ,I recorded some mp3 songs and burnt them to a disc .However I cannot get the disc to read/play .Looking in my manual 5-59 it suggests that (This player cannot play the CD-R/RW discs if the session is not closed) ,what the hell does that mean ?. Looking forward to some advice ,as you can guess I am no too up to date with this sort of stuff .
    2007 DID AUTO

Depending on what software you used generally when you are burning a CD you have the option to "close" or not, that means if you don't close you can go back and add more material to the CD but it can only be played on the Computer until you "close" i.e. don't close it until you have put all the music that you want or the disc is full, then you can play it on any CD player.
    Check the Help section of your software; I use Nero, usually they have a good explanation of this issue
    Cheers
    Mal

Comment

Thanks Mal, I obtained the mp3 songs from limewire and placed them in various folders (my documents) and then burnt them to a disc .Keep expertimenting I suppose ,gotta get it right eventually .
      2007 DID AUTO

Comment

the file you burn have to be placed in the root directory, that is they cannot be placed inside a folder on the disc, when you open the disc with windows explorer you must be able to see all the songs, not have to open and additional folder before accessing their listing, hope that helps.

Comment

capemanifold, it is exactly as MalF has stated regarding the closing of the disc.
          Originally posted by Loco View Post
          the file you burn have to be placed in the root directory, that is they cannot be placed inside a folder on the disc, when you open the disc with windows explorer you must be able to see all the songs, not have to open and additional folder before accessing their listing, hope that helps.
          Loco, this is not exactly true. When burning MP3 CDs, I like to sort them into genres and categories and I use subfolders all the time. Most the time, I don't have any mp3s in the root folder. This works fine on the GLX MP3 CD player. There is also a button set which allows you to skip to the next folder too.

Actually on the MP3 CD player, I am a bit dissapointed that the display is unable to scroll filenames. In my old car, I had an after market MP3 player and it was able to scroll file names which were too long for the display. With this one, you have to click the PAGE button to move across to the letters which can't fit in the initial screen.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinluigi23 View Post
            capemanifold, it is exactly as MalF has stated regarding the closing of the disc.

Loco, this is not exactly true. When burning MP3 CDs, I like to sort them into genres and categories and I use subfolders all the time. Most the time, I don't have any mp3s in the root folder. This works fine on the GLX MP3 CD player. There is also a button set which allows you to skip to the next folder too.

Actually on the MP3 CD player, I am a bit dissapointed that the display is unable to scroll filenames. In my old car, I had an after market MP3 player and it was able to scroll file names which were too long for the display. With this one, you have to click the PAGE button to move across to the letters which can't fit in the initial screen.
            That's right, you can definitely have your songs in folders. I'd say it's due to your disc burning session not being closed. It also states that not all cd burning software is compatible. Try using another burning program (i used Sonic) to burn the MP3 CD.

I'm going to get the iPod cable installed in mine. Can't be bothered burning a new CD every time I get a new song.
            2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

On the Rockford MP3 player, has anyone else noticed that the CD jumps a bit when 4wd'ing? I never have this problem when driving on the road, and I would assume that an MP3 CD would jump when you hit a bump in the road just as much as it would when off road. When 4wd'ing, the MP3 CD was constantly jumping. I never had this problem with the old Pajero that had an after market Pioneer MP3 CD player. I think this is pretty poor form from Rockford not having some sort of anti-skip function.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X