SWB LPG Conversion (or not)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWB LPG Conversion (or not)

I spoke to the guys at ABBA today, they are one of the recommended LPG installers in Adelaide. The said that they hadn?t done a SWB NS V6 yet but if I took mine in they?d have a look at where the gas tank might go. Then came the crunch, the estimated price came in at $ 4550:00. What a bloody joke that is!!
    4 ? grand buys a lot of petrol, I think I might go for an auxiliary fuel tank instead.
    SWB NS-R (Subsidised) V6-Petrol, G/Metal Grey, Rear locker.

Originally posted by shorty View Post
    I spoke to the guys at ABBA today, they are one of the recommended LPG installers in Adelaide. The said that they hadn?t done a SWB NS V6 yet but if I took mine in they?d have a look at where the gas tank might go. Then came the crunch, the estimated price came in at $ 4550:00. What a bloody joke that is!!
    4 ? grand buys a lot of petrol, I think I might go for an auxiliary fuel tank instead.
    Your getting ripped off. I converted my NJ LWB to Duel Fuel back in June last year, I paid $3100
    NJ LWB GLS with sunroof, 3.0, Dual fuel, custom built alloy bullbar, Hayman Reese tow bar, tinted windows

Comment

i got mine quoted today. roughly 5000 dollars but we get 3000 dollars back from grants here in WA. the only problem is the tank. I think if you remove the storage space in the rear of the car and the muffler they can fit it underneath the car behind the rear diff. other wise he said put the tank behind the rear seat in the storage area so about 250mm off the tank sticks up. But you lose most of what little room we already have.
      ROGUE PAJ Daniel NS X SWB V6 Pajero ARB Bull Bar, IPF 800XS Spotties, GME TX3420 CB, Dual Batteries, Custom Roof Rack, ROH RTX 16" Rims, 265 75R16 BFGoodrich A/T, 35mm Dobinson coil lift

Comment

I tried this a few months back and there was just no enough room under the swb to fit the tank. It was recommended to fit a tank behind the rear seats, otherwise modifications to the rear floor would need to happen. At 4K I was not prepared to venture into the unchartered waters.
        NS X Swb, V6, Black, rear locker, tint, 75mm lift......dust from lack of use

Comment

i have a nm converted and i have two 32ltr tanks where the dickie seat is supose to fold into . no sticking up or mods to the floor.

Comment

The price is correct for the injected system. The old mixer types are around $2500 - $3000.
            Cheers, John.
            LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
            Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X