Sydney Drivers!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney Drivers!!!

I was up in Sydney for the day today doing some work with Matt (Mathewnorbert). He let me have a drive of his NS Pajero shorty on the way back to the airport. I pulled into the departure area where I stopped outside the departure lounge. I was standing on the footpath when suddenly the car lurched forward.

It was some stupid young woman who had come in behind and smashed into the back of the car! I have no idea what she was thinking but her boyfriend got out of the passenger seat killing himself laughing. Matthew walked up to him (I thought he was going to deck the guy) letting him know it was not real funny.

The good news is that there was no damage to the Paj. Matt had left the towbar in and it had taken the full brunt of the impact. It's lucky those things stick out so far. The car the woman was driving had a very nice "V" in the front bumber and bonnet though.

So now I am never going to live it down that I drove his car for only 40min and was involved in an accident.
    Last edited by Walker; 14-02-08, 10:47 PM.
    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
    1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

hey don't let adam anywhere near your new truck!!! he may just be involved in a accident.. Got to love those big paj towbars, made a real mess of the nice mazda, a good mazda 3 too so i did feel a little sorry for her. her boyfriend was a tool as adam pointed out.

i guess next time she will pay more attention to her driving (I think she was checking me out and that was the reason she piled up the back of us)
    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Let's see - the boyfriend was "a tool" who was being dropped at the departure lounge of the domestic airport at the same time Adam was getting a flight back to Melbourne -umm... Sydney might have some bad drivers but it is clear where the tools come from....
      From a born and bred Sydneysider!!!
      Yellowfin
      NS SWB R DiD - B/stone D694's, BushSkinz plates, LRA aux tank(65L), custom Milford barrier, MM rear bar, Kingsley steps, Rhino HD bars & platfrom, Icom UHF, VMS 500 GPS ,Alpine X001 & Focals
      Toyota LC200 TD V8
      - MT ATZ's, ARB Deluxe Bar, Lighforce 170's, GME TX3340 UHF, Lovells Sus & GVM upgrade, Lone Ranger fuel & water tank, pump & tap, Kaymar wheel carrier, Milford barrier, ARB dual battery, custom fridge cage w BW slide, Rhino HD bars & platform

Comment

i like your thinking there...
        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

Matt,

Have you checked the towbar to ensure it is square. Sometime back I had a butterbox that was involved in a 'bump' and even the plastic looked straight while the bumber of the other butterbox was destroyed.

When I got home and looked closer the steel behimd the plastic of my bumper had bent as a whole to one side so was no longer square.

Looked ok but wasn't.
          NX Exceed

Comment

I had to go to the sydney international airport departure ramp today...

I could not get your story out of my mind (kept looking in the mirror !)
            Cheers,
            Andrew

2007 NS SWB R V6 Auto - Tow Bar & Lift, Thule Aero Bars, TomTom GO720
            1991 NH 2.6 SWB Manual - Michelin AT's, Thule Roofbars, Alloy Bullbar,Hella Lamps, Pedders 1" Lift

Comment

thanks, yep checked it all, looks straight, also looked at door alignment etc.
              might put a claim in on adams insurance though! as i think during the collision with adam driving the following fell off: steel bull bar,winch,tablet pc,fridge,spotties and the treg hitch was gone.. adam we need to talk
              SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

Sorry, I don't rememeber being in the car at all. I am sure I was standing on the footpath when it all happened.
                thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X