DiD Auto Service costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiD Auto Service costs

the dealer told me today that each and every 15k oil change will cost $600 plus because they have to adjust the tappet clearance every 15k?? that's $400 on top of every service for shim checking????

what the?
    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Did you reverse over the dealers dog before getting the quote by any chance?

Sandgroper.
    NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

it's more the "need" to adjust tappet clearances every 15k?? it is not a 1970's Ferrari after all?
      SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

It does'nt sound right to me either.

Sandgroper.
        NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

service book says it!!! but 1.5hours only, that is not $400 even if you add in the oil and air filter for next service (15k)
          SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

To much.

I was only charged $150-$300 (odd) for 7.5k/15k/22.5k/30k except for Hobart - $215/hr (what the!)

Do it yourself or trusted operator.

The valves should be ok for 45k - 75k odd (45k on mine - with tol).

Oil $60
            Labour $125 (dealer)
            Oil filter $55(odd)
            Air Filter $55 (odd)
            Fuel filter $55 (odd)

Make sure you mark the filters with a marker and rocker cover with something - I sure they are not even replacing/opening filters/covers.

I found MM charge me for a new fuel filter - it was never replaced (found out after buying/talking to MM spare parts - not happy).
            --
            Marquis
            SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

This can be the problem with dealers servicing your vehicle. Find a good mechanic (mine owns and drives Pajeros) and work via them. My 45k service included the tappet adjustment but my mechanic guy left it as he said it didn't need doing and if you read your log book I believe that this is an option. In fact the 45k service is a biggy yet it only cost me $416.

That said, many of you are very happy with your dealer and if that's the case then stick with them. Maybe we need a thread detailing who is and isn't happy with their dealer and name them. If they're good, they deserve the accolades. Ditto for brickbats!
              Last edited by Wal; 03-07-07, 07:17 PM.

Comment

anyone had a 15k service on the DiD auto yet?
                if so how much?
                SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

[QUOTE=Wal;250]In fact the 45k service is a biggy yet it only cost me $416.
                  QUOTE]

The parts and fluid cost me about that when I did the 45k.

The ATF was $$$$
                  --
                  Marquis
                  SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

It might be worth getting your own mechanic doing the servicings, but PLEASE PLEASE make sure they use MMA Tranny oil. I can't stress this enough. I know I harp on this, but you can take this advice to the bank. This is even more so on the NS Pajero.

Please heed my advice on this point.

John
                    Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

Originally posted by matthewfnorbert View Post
                      the dealer told me today that each and every 15k oil change will cost $600 plus because they have to adjust the tappet clearance every 15k?? that's $400 on top of every service for shim checking????

what the?
                      Errr the NP DID service book says "if required" I am at 78K km includes 2 dealer services 1500 km and 45K km, the rest at Midas and nobody has set the tappets. How they work out if it is required is beyond me. The car runs fine .. fuel economy good and no leaks from the rocker cover... if it aint broke don't fix it ...there is no real reason i can see why if it is set up properly in the factory that it should change much ..bit of valve seat recession small amount of valve tip and rocker wear ..and anyway who's to say that if it was checked and set it would be closer than it is now anyway......

Comment

The dealer in Townsville (Pickerings) wants to charge me $70 for four litres of oil and $50 for an oil filter.
                        It works out marginally $240 cheaper if they change the oil and filter.

ripp off or what?

Keef

Comment

The warranty is cool as long as the mechanic is licenced and he uses genuine parts and consumeables.I would Never use non genuine oil for the auto as mitsubishi always uses a different grade formula to everyone else.You can bet ya life If there was a problem,the dealer would have the oil tested at the drop of a hat rather than pay for a $5,000 + rebuild.No one seems to know what engine oil to use for a DID auto other than the genuine stuff either at the moment as well,so i`m gunna use it as well until an alternative is found.
                          2007 NS VRX PAJERO Di-D , AUTO , FAMILY PACK , HD TOW PACK

Comment

Simoncurly,

Your comment regarding "why would the tappets need re-adjusting"...you have to be kidding!!!!

Why do you think they make the things ADJUSTABLE? Because they WILL change over time. If the clearances get wider it mostly only makes a little extra tappet noise BUT if they are closing (which they invariably do) sooner or later it will result in burnt valve seats.

If you're happy to leave yours unchecked, then good luck.

Comment

hopperoo
                              the other reason and probably the main reason for adjusting/checking is to preserve the DPF and emissions. so i believe we are just paying for the lack of high tech common rail and an older engine..

I would think if you checked them every 30k it would not be an issue, its bl00dy annoying though
                              SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X