No announcement yet.

Is the turbo of NS Pajero VGT already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the turbo of NS Pajero VGT already?

Anybody knows if the turbocharger of the NS Pajero uses VGT?

if you mean variable vane then sure is..
    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Is VGT (Variable Geometry Turbocharger) same as variable vane?

Comment

This is true, variable vane is lamens terms for VGT

Comment

its is, but only on the Auto, I think the manual has a more traditional wastegated turbo
          NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

4M41
            Displacement ? 3200 cc
            Bore ? 98.5 mm
            Stroke ? 105.0 mm
            Fuel type ? Diesel
            Intercooled turbo (1999?present)

* Fuel system ? Electronic control type distributor type pump (direct injection inside diesel tube) or Common Rail Direct Injection
            * Compression ratio ? 17:1
            * Power ? 121 kW (165 PS) at 3800 rpm
            * Torque ? 351 N?m (259 ft?lbf) at 2000 rpm

Variable geometry intercooled turbo

* Fuel system ? Electronic control type distributor type pump (direct injection inside diesel tube) or Common Rail Direct Injection
            * Compression ratio ? 17:1
            * Power ? 129 kW (175 PS) at 3800 rpm
            * Torque ? 382 N?m (282 ft?lbf) at 2000 rpm

VGT equipped motors can produce 129kw and 382 nm of torque, how come based on australian specs its 125kw and 358 nm of torque? how could I tell if my turbo has VGT?
            2007 NS 3.2 did auto and 1999 NL 2.8 , .

Comment

Where did those specs come from?????

My guess is that the motor is tuned to suit the auto. As most people will know, the auto on the NS is a perfect match for the motor. To get this good match they have sacrificed a bit of torque for a bit more Kw compared to the manual NS. This is because an auto works much better in the higher rev band so the motor is mapped to suit that.

The other reason may be out fuel. We have some of the worst diesel in the world so maybe the motor is detuned to cope with the fuel???

It just goes to show why a improvements can be made so easily with a chip.

Speaking of chips, I heard a rumour somewhere that there was a chip for the NS that was being sold by some dealers and did not void the warranty. Has anyone heard that?
              thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
              1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

I got the it from wikepedia, the rating for our NS diesel auto is 165ps and 351 nm of torque. based on our specs its not VGT spec. You mates are really lucky to get all this standard. just learned how VGT works and was fascinated how great the design is.
                Last edited by dunkinx; 23-09-07, 05:52 AM.
                2007 NS 3.2 did auto and 1999 NL 2.8 , .

Comment

Does anyone know the brand & model number of the VGT used in the NS Di-D?
                  It may be etched or engraved on the turbo's compressor housing (cold/ intake side).

Comment

Originally posted by deafwish View Post
                    Does anyone know the brand & model number of the VGT used in the NS Di-D?
                    It may be etched or engraved on the turbo's compressor housing (cold/ intake side).
                    Mitsu make / use their own turbos.
                    16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
                    10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Auto NS only
                      Angry.

My Photo site.
                      AAA-Photography.smugmug.com

07 NS VRX, DID Auto, Nudge Bar, 130W 215 Nitghtstalkers, 50w HID H/Beams, Kenwood Touchscreen Natsav/DVD/CD/Rev camera, Rear Alpine DVD Player, Recaro Orthopedic drivers seat, DIY Spare Wheel Lift.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X