$205 for oil and filter change 7500Km SWB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $205 for oil and filter change 7500Km SWB

Does this seem reasonable to charge $205.00 for an oil and filter change at 7,500Km. No other work.

Seems pricy to me.

What do you reckon?
    Mitsubishi Pajero Platinum LWB Diesel 2012 towing AVAN Caravan the Liam 18ft adventure pack with ALKO AKS3004 coupling.

that is what i paid at gosford, they also do all the usual safety/fluid checks for that money. 8 liters of pricey oil too... thats just ok... ask them about the 15k
    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Originally posted by matthewfnorbert View Post
      that is what i paid at gosford, they also do all the usual safety/fluid checks for that money. 8 liters of pricey oil too... thats just ok... ask them about the 15k
      I will ask them. Sounds like a nasty surprise coming up.

Taking mine to Gosford on Saturday coming.

Want to get it ready when I start towing next week.

Cheers
      Mitsubishi Pajero Platinum LWB Diesel 2012 towing AVAN Caravan the Liam 18ft adventure pack with ALKO AKS3004 coupling.

Comment

i'll have to check my inv but i don't think they changed the oil filter at 7.5k
        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Oil Change

On a recent trip, I paid $190 in Darwin for an oil change and filter, no other work. It is worth a phone call before you book the vehicle in, the price varies enormously in some cities, and some agents don't even change the filters unless you ask.
          05 Platinum Edition, DID, Auto, ARB Bar, dual battery.

Comment

Had a 30k service last week done on my NP DiD in Melbourne - $388 total including oil & fuel filters. The oil filter was $59.27 inc GST and the oil was $35.75 inc GST. The labour charge was $220. Unfortunately there isn't an hourly rate listed but I guess it would have to be somewhere between $80 and $110. So just oil & filter + general checks might take 1 to 1.5 hours. So, around $200 total sounds reasonable.

Adrian

Comment

My basic service - oil, filter etc only costs me about $140 max but then again I'm not going via the dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianLR View Post
                Had a 30k service last week done on my NP DiD in Melbourne - $388 total including oil & fuel filters. The oil filter was $59.27 inc GST and the oil was $35.75 inc GST. The labour charge was $220. Unfortunately there isn't an hourly rate listed but I guess it would have to be somewhere between $80 and $110. So just oil & filter + general checks might take 1 to 1.5 hours. So, around $200 total sounds reasonable.

Adrian
                Don't forget the fuel filter aint cheap either .. bloody oil filter price sounds a bit over the top though
                i pay about 120 -130 (NP DID) per service when i supply all the parts and lubes ..i use Midas to maintain warranty cover (once the warranty is over i will do it myself) ... exception being the 45K km which i used the dealer for seing as it is coolant and brake fluid, gearbox, transfer, and diff oil change that cost me $270 for the labour....

Comment

That sounds about right to me if it includes the oil filter.Have a look at what a5L full synthetic oil from a major brand costs from BigW.Mobil1 is around $50.You need to buy 2 of them to get the 8L needed to for the job,then around $40 for the filter ($140 before labour).The mitsu genuine oil is full syntheic for the DID.
                  2007 NS VRX PAJERO Di-D , AUTO , FAMILY PACK , HD TOW PACK

Comment

I paid around $190 for my 7,500km oil change. Only went to dealer due to it being listed as a log book service. Will do it myself if I change oil between 15,000km services from now on.
                    2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

I had Knox quote $210 at the time of sale and then $260 over the phone now that it's about due .....
                      NS oil burner shorty

Comment

I live in Adelaide and Agostino only charged $150! I only hope they used the right oil.... although that was listed as costing $60 so it sounds about right.
                        Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X