airbag warning light always on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airbag warning light always on.

hello fellow pajero owners, I have a problem with my airbags. can anyone help?
    I had a sound system installed and they had to route all the wires under the carpet, thats why they had to remove the front chairs. hence disconnecting the side airbag socket under the chairs. when I put them back on. the airbag light wont go off. is there any trick to reset the warning light. I already tried disconnecting the battery for several hours, but the light remain lit.
    2007 NS 3.2 did auto and 1999 NL 2.8 , .

I'm pretty sure (although others may know better) that you'll need to visit a dealer. They need to plug in their diagnostic tool (MUTIII) and reset the error codes. Disconnecting the battery (as you've found out) won't help.

Peter
    2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

Suggest you et he installer to check wires they moved ASAP.

If not get it to Mitsu dealer for a check.

Assume your air bags are not working at this point.
      NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Proudy View Post
        Suggest you et he installer to check wires they moved ASAP.

If not get it to Mitsu dealer for a check.

Assume your air bags are not working at this point.
        I assume that the system was powered on (Ignition on) when the side airbag wires were disconnected when the front seats were out of the vehicle as stated in the original post. As long as the connectors have been securely plugged back in then resetting of the error code by the dealer should be all that is needed.

Peter
        2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

thanks for the helps dudes.

peter yeah your right I did turn the ignition on when the chairs were removed, thats the time I first saw the warning light turn on. I assumed that when I put the chairs back the light would disappear. any idea on how much would it cost to have them reset the error codes?

Comment

This happened to me a couple of years ago and my dealer didn't charge me anything and it only took about 2 minutes...

Peter

Comment

I would first go back to your sound system installer and get him to re-check what he has done as this maybe a "void of warranty issue" if you were to take it back to the dealer.(I`m assuming it`s a NS Pajero). If everything is ok,then go to the dealer.
              2007 NS VRX PAJERO Di-D , AUTO , FAMILY PACK , HD TOW PACK

Comment

howdy wallyburger. we got the same ride, same color too I cant see your avatar too clearly, but do you have a hood guard installed? would love to see it up close. I'm palnning on buying one. but am not sure if black or clear plastic would look better.
                with regards to my sound setup, I already asked my installer to recheck the wiring, but he said he did not touch any of the airbag wirings. I think peter already experienced this sort of problem a few years back, when he disconnected his airbag. as for the warranty I'm pretty sure its already void the minute I installed an aftermarket radio.

Comment

dunkinx, you can have it checked/reset by the dealer when you visit them for your PMS. I'm sure it won't cost a dime

Comment

HI dunkinx, No mate,no hood gaurd.The pic doesn`t look too flash in the avtar because i had to re-size it from a large hi-res file.I love the red,looks awful on the mitsu website and the brocure but looks great in the flesh.
                    2007 NS VRX PAJERO Di-D , AUTO , FAMILY PACK , HD TOW PACK

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X