New DID Auto, Pretty Impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DID Auto, Pretty Impressed

Hi People ,luv the new DID GLX auto drove her home from the dealer Mon night 130km trip approx and was pretty impressed. 2000rmp at 105 km /hr,. The old NJ V6 that I previously owned at the same speed managed approx 100kn /hr at 3000rpm . Okay! the diesel is a little noisier but who really cares after all it is a diesel ,the "SLIGHT "noise factor is not a problem if you want refinement buy a petrol .The ride and handling is great, but the economy is pretty poor after only 370km but that will no doubt improve with time.The on board computor read out shows 14.2 km /l and manual mode shows 15.4 but the bowser shoud give a more accurate picture after a few tanks of juice.Recent posts regarding the particulate filter on this DID auto are slightly concerning and I hope that this problem does not crop in the near future. ......Scott
    2007 DID AUTO

CM, my DID averaged about 10.2 to 10.5 on a recent trip from Adelaide to Melbourne & back. Around town it is about 13.5, as per the readout.
    Not sure if you are aware but the auto mode in the fuel consumption readout resets itself every time you turn the engine off, the manual mode will only reset itself every 4 hrs regardless of how many times you switch the engine off in the 4 hr period. The manual doesn't tell you this and the dealer told me it should be set to auto if your Paj is automatic and set to manual if your Paj is a manual, which was a load of rubbish.
    Had to call a friend in the know to get the right info, so check any info they tell you that sounds dodgy!!

Comment

Thanks for that silver fox and yes ! ,I tend to agree some of the things stated be the dealership seems to be a bit suss. For one thing they had no idea that the anti-theft alarm needed to be activated befiore the purchase and are talking about the first service at 15000 km even though the service manual states 75oo km.They suggest that this service is only needed if the vehicle has been used in extreme conditions (dusty off road etc).
      I would have thought the first (7500 km)oil change in a diesel would have been relatively important and I think that I will still ask for this to be done regardless of driving conditions....Scott
      2007 DID AUTO

Comment

10.9 over last 7000km's, highway,city and towing (700km) DPF does not seem to have significantly effected my consumption
        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

capemanifold, did you set the anti-theft alarm or did the dealer set it. How can I check if mine has been set?

Comment

capemanifold, thanks for your feedback re the ant-theft alarm. I had queried this also with the dealer and was advised it was all set. After reading your feedback I read the manual and guess what...mine alarm wasn't activated either, unbelievable!!!!!
            Other NS owners may want to check their alarms are activated. I have just read Page 1-14 of the manual states the alarm is set to "inactive" when it leaves the factory
            I have activated it now, pretty simple process.
            Thanks again
            Last edited by SilverFox; 05-07-07, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Bloody hell! Good tip on the alarm! I assumed it was on as per the dealer - just looked and......its not on!!!!!

1,500kms service today so will take this up with them...but I will turn it on in the mean time!

AVN 6000 Sat nav/fruit system, also goes in today....finally. And they have to fix the rattle/vibration that comes up through the consol at 2000-2500rpm.
              NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

The fuel economy on my DID SWB gets better (slightly) each week. Now has about 5000kms and is about 2 litres per hundred better that when brand new, according to the fuel meter.
                NM GL Diesel (Tourer)
                NS Pajero (Tar Baby)

Comment

mine is also getting better, loosening up alot.

i am very pleased with this truck, esp since moving from a touareg which had a great ride and handling.. the swb is king, all you lwb chaps should go trade in now
                  SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

The fuel economy on my shortie diesel is also getting alot better. Averaging high 9's - low 10?s on the highway and high 11?s when I am stuck in traffic.
                    NS 3.2L Diesel Black Shortie
                    Nudge Bar, Roof Rack, Piranha Duel Battery System, Uniden UH015sx UHF, Hella Rallye 4000 Lights, LRA Aux Tank, ARB High Output Compressor, BFG Mudies (Occasionally)

Comment

Hi all after approx 490 km on the clock so far the dash read out figures are ...13.4 auto and 11.6 manual with a mixture of open road and city/town driving ,how is that compare to what you blokes have experienced ? .My second tank of juice should show a bit better indication as i will use my own figures to calculate the fuel usage...Scott
                      2007 DID AUTO

Comment

about what i got for first 1000km... don't sweat it, after about 5 or 7000kms the engine will loosen a little and your driving style settle down.. econ will improve..
                        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

Yeah , thanks for the tip about the alarm , I will check as soon as it gets home - got to pry the wife`s arse out of it first , asking if I can drive it is like asking her norr off an arm !!
                          2007 NS VRX PAJERO Di-D , AUTO , FAMILY PACK , HD TOW PACK

Comment

Well finally filled after one tank of juice yesterday 74 litres for 732km ,pretty pleased especially on such a new engine . Also taking the advice from some of you blokes and sticking to BP , although we do have the 10ppm available here yet in Central QLD ....Scott
                            2007 DID AUTO

Comment

This is not related to the fuel economy discussion, but as far as alarms go I turned mine on the day I got my new VRX, 10 days later I had my GPS stolen after someone smashed the passengers window 20ft from my bedroom window and the alarm didn't go off.

I rang the dealer and they then advised me that if the thief didn't open a door and lent in through the smashed window that the factory alarm WILL NOT GO OFF.......

But if I wanted to have it go off from a window breaking or a pressure drop such as a window opening then they could sell me an alarm upgrade.

So be warned, the factory alarm is not worth turning on unless you purchase a $500 upgrade.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X