New DID Auto, Pretty Impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DID Auto, Pretty Impressed

Hi People ,luv the new DID GLX auto drove her home from the dealer Mon night 130km trip approx and was pretty impressed. 2000rmp at 105 km /hr,. The old NJ V6 that I previously owned at the same speed managed approx 100kn /hr at 3000rpm . Okay! the diesel is a little noisier but who really cares after all it is a diesel ,the "SLIGHT "noise factor is not a problem if you want refinement buy a petrol .The ride and handling is great, but the economy is pretty poor after only 370km but that will no doubt improve with time.The on board computor read out shows 14.2 km /l and manual mode shows 15.4 but the bowser shoud give a more accurate picture after a few tanks of juice.Recent posts regarding the particulate filter on this DID auto are slightly concerning and I hope that this problem does not crop in the near future. ......Scott
    2007 DID AUTO

Congrats on the purchase, mine is loosening up now with 2000km on board.

Fuel economy is improving. You can get an extra L/100km economy by trying not to nail the throttle to the firewall too often. Tread lightly and you'll find its much better.

Mine with Roof basket, Mitsi alloy bar and Cooper AT/R's is getting 13L/100km in manual display mode around town now. And that isn't accurate, it'll be closer to 12 next fuel up I reckon.

Re the particulate filter - Use BP Diesel and you'll have no problems - they are producing Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel now with 10ppm sulfur.

http://www.bp.com/sectiongenericarti...tentId=7027516
    NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

Thanks Wilmo , good advice regarding BP diesel.
      2007 DID AUTO

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmo View Post
        Congrats on the purchase, mine is loosening up now with 2000km on board.

Fuel economy is improving. You can get an extra L/100km economy by trying not to nail the throttle to the firewall too often. Tread lightly and you'll find its much better.

Mine with Roof basket, Mitsi alloy bar and Cooper AT/R's is getting 13L/100km in manual display mode around town now. And that isn't accurate, it'll be closer to 12 next fuel up I reckon.

Re the particulate filter - Use BP Diesel and you'll have no problems - they are producing Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel now with 10ppm sulfur.

http://www.bp.com/sectiongenericarti...tentId=7027516
        Want a bet about BP Disel not causing DPF light from coming on.
        That's all I use & been on heaps!
        TP

Comment

Although I am sure BP would have been happy if that was the case that only their fuel would stop the light from glowing. Sadly it was a forum furthy. With the third update out I will be very suprised to hear anymore DPF dramas.
          Dave
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Originally posted by capemanifold View Post
            Hi People ,luv the new DID GLX auto drove her home from the dealer Mon night 130km trip approx and was pretty impressed. 2000rmp at 105 km /hr,. The old NJ V6 that I previously owned at the same speed managed approx 100kn /hr at 3000rpm . Okay! the diesel is a little noisier but who really cares after all it is a diesel ,the "SLIGHT "noise factor is not a problem if you want refinement buy a petrol .The ride and handling is great, but the economy is pretty poor after only 370km but that will no doubt improve with time.The on board computor read out shows 14.2 km /l and manual mode shows 15.4 but the bowser shoud give a more accurate picture after a few tanks of juice.Recent posts regarding the particulate filter on this DID auto are slightly concerning and I hope that this problem does not crop in the near future. ......Scott
            congrats.. i love the auto and the torquey engine, a great cruiser and easy as around town
            SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

DPF Updates

From the information in the forum, Am I correct in saying that there will be an end to DPF problems with the 3rd update?

Can anyone explain what in fact the updates are doing to the management system?

Is the flow of fuel into the engine increased to allow continual burn within the filter, and hence keeping it clean, if so would this be a direct result of higher fuel usage per kilometer?
              NS 25th Anniversary DiD Auto, MM Alloy Bull Bar, MM HD Tow Bar, Dual Batteries (ARB dual tray and diesel filter bracket, REDARC Reg with overide) Anderson Plug, Prodigy Brake Controller, Engel Fridge Socket in Rear - To Fit - LightForce Spots, Fridge Slide

Comment

i have not noticed any increase in fuel.. my guess is that they have simply written a new management program
                SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Hey Scott well done!!!

I just can't get enough of my new 25th Aniv DID Too! I'll just make any excuse to jump in to take young "Jerry" for a spin.

My economy has been generally hanging in between 8 - 10L/100km easy driving. Put the lead in the shoes to use and it's up around 12. Not bad!

Enjoy!!!

Comment

Time for as update on my original post .I am still very happy and apart from a couple of minor irritations all is going well .There have been no DPF problems at all and she is in for a wheel alignment today as the front passenger side tyre is wearing on both outside edges .Fuel consumption is very good on the highway 9.6-10 at the bowser but not so good around town, 11-12 with my weekly driving consisting of mostly very short stop/start trips to work.
                    Offroad this vehicle is very capable ,even with the standard tyres which will be replaced in the very near future. White sand is very hard to get out of the black carpets and stands out like dogs b_ _ls ,need to buy some sand grabber mats as the ones from the dealer are pretty useless.Seem to have a small fine dust problem in the cabin though ,any one else notice the dust ?, maybe the black interior may makes it look worse than it really is.
                    2007 DID AUTO

Comment

Originally posted by capemanifold View Post
                      Time for as update on my original post .I am still very happy and apart from a couple of minor irritations all is going well .There have been no DPF problems at all and she is in for a wheel alignment today as the front passenger side tyre is wearing on both outside edges .Fuel consumption is very good on the highway 9.6-10 at the bowser but not so good around town, 11-12 with my weekly driving consisting of mostly very short stop/start trips to work.
                      Offroad this vehicle is very capable ,even with the standard tyres which will be replaced in the very near future. White sand is very hard to get out of the black carpets and stands out like dogs b_ _ls ,need to buy some sand grabber mats as the ones from the dealer are pretty useless.Seem to have a small fine dust problem in the cabin though ,any one else notice the dust ?, maybe the black interior may makes it look worse than it really is.
                      The black interior definitely doesn't help the dust issues. I keep one of those dust wipes in the glove box and give it a quick wipe when I notice it getting bad.

RE: tyre wear - you've probably already checked but my suggestion would be to check the tyre pressure and ensure that it's not under-inflated if it's wearing on the outside edges.

Congrats on the purchase.
                      -------------
                      2002 100 Series to suit the growing family

SOLD: 2007 NS DiD SWB - great little car

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X