NS Auto Diesel Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS Auto Diesel Oil

Went down to the dealers to get some oil to take away with me up North in a couple of weeks, here is what they are putting in the NS Auto Diesel

$58.00 for 4 litres.

The specs are all in Japanese however!

If anyone finds out another brand that is compatible post it here.
    NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

5W-30

Must be having an ice age up the top...
    --
    Marquis
    SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

WTF
      2007 NS VRX PAJERO Di-D , AUTO , FAMILY PACK , HD TOW PACK

Comment

Have been doing some reading on 5w-30 engine oils and the new standards. Its not unusual to find these new low viscosity oils with the C4 rating that is required by diesels with particulate filters being used nowdays in new diesel cars.

Apparently they are highly shear tolerant at high temperatures still, so I wouldn't worry so much about the 5w-30 rating. Low viscosity oils such as this pay dividends in terms of fuel economy, and obviously have the required ratings to extend the DPF life.
        NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

This oil debate is still sort of confusing ,spoke to the head service bloke the other day in Rocky and he said there is a difficulty in obtaining the correct oil for the auto .Apparently (in his words)there are a few vehicles up this way that are nearing their first service and the dealership does not have the correct oil for them yet. Sounds pretty bizzarre to me ,I hope they sort that one out fairly quickly,he also said that some owners(the few that have an oil change) are bringing in their own oil at service. If that is so, where are these guys getting their oil from?, I am led to believe that the specs for this oil are VERY important....Sorry to drone on about this issue again ...Scott
          2007 DID AUTO

Comment

can someone in the know post the actual full oil spec for the dpf auto's...

then we can see what suits in the market... as the current dpf bmw,audi,vw etc would have similar requirements so oils would be out there now...
            SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X