Elaectronic rust protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elaectronic rust protection

Hi all ,what do you blokes think of electronic rust protection?.
    Thinking seriously of getting it fitted to my new GLX auto , there appears to be so many conflicting opinions on whether this system actually works or not. Some swear by it and others say it is a con ,i am swinging towards it as I have personally talked to people that swear that it works. What do you guys think ? and can or has any one heard of this system interfering with the engine computer management or any other part of the vehicle electrical system. Currently I am looking at the ERPS product available at the TJM outlet here in Rockhampton....Thanks Scott
    2007 DID AUTO

p.s sorry about the awful spelling " Elaectronic Rust Protection"
    2007 DID AUTO

Comment

i live by the ocean (can get salt spray in the garage ) and had a system (not sure which one) fitted for a few years. still got rust all over the engine and exhaust etc etc, no less than our other cars (one identical). no rust in body but then again cars are so much better protected these days.. if it did 'work' i would wonder if it was even necessary...
      SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

You shouldn`t need one as the body shell on the NS is galvanised dipped and sealed at the factory before painting and assembly.( unless you drill holes in it everywhere ) also I`m not 100% sure but i`ve been told the bonnet and front gaurds are aluminium as well.
        2007 NS VRX PAJERO Di-D , AUTO , FAMILY PACK , HD TOW PACK

Comment

Tests done by Choice (Australian Consumers Association) showed electronic rust protection to be totally ineffective!

Comment

I have it in my paj. exhaust system all rusted. I would not waste my money again. Also if you did come to claim I can only imagine the pain required.

Save your money.
            Pajero Exceed 3.8l, BFG AT 275/70, Narva Ultima 175 spots, o2 Jamin with BT GPS, O'Briens camping trailer, 2" Lift with Bilsten Shocks.

Comment

Don't waste you money on crap.

Buy some lanotech and spray it everywhere.
              --
              Marquis
              SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

Thanks guys , pretty general view that this system is overall ineffective. Spraying with Lanotec sounds like it might be the go ,how much does this product cost ?....
                2007 DID AUTO

Comment

Originally posted by capemanifold View Post
                  Spraying with Lanotec sounds like it might be the go ,how much does this product cost ?....
                  Not much. $10-20
                  --
                  Marquis
                  SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X