Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satnav installation in the NS

Hi all,

I purchased the double din SATNAV accomodation kit with my VRX, and have now purchased an Infill G4 double din car PC to go into it. I picked up the accomodation kit the other day and it consists simply of a facia plate. Interestingly, it is a slightly bigger than the double din size.

On close inspection of the Pajero accessories brochure you can see that the Eclipse AVN 6000 actually has another facia plate around it, set inside the dash plate that I recieved. I contacted the dealer and he was unsure as to whether this was supposed to be included with the accomodation kit, or if it came with the AVN unit.

I understand one or more forum members went and had satnav put in aftermarket. Can anyone confirm what the go was here?

Im very excited about the car pc! It will run On road nav, off road nav, jukebox, dvd, bluetooth hands free, engine diagnostics and tv if I wish all in one! It would be great if they came out with a PC compatible tyre pressure monitor system too. I will be installing it myself and will post pictures and maybe a little tutorial once its done. I will also be putting dynamat in my doors.
    Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Hi Schniff,

Car PC sounds great. I have the Eurovox Sat Nav unit in my 04 Exceed and whilst it still works (most of the time), I would very much like the car computer, for the functionality you have listed. Look forward to reading about the installation and operation.

I have been thinking about ways to inprove road noise suppression in the NP, is this what you will be using the Dynamat for? Would like to hear about the install and effectiveness.

Cheers,

Christian
    Pajero MY05 Exceed, DVD / (infamous) Sat Nav, Petrol / Injected LPG, alloy bull bar, Blue Tongue compressor, Pirahna dual battery system, Cibie Oscar SC driving lights, UHF, Next G car kit, Waeco FF40, set Cooper ST's, cargo barrier and polyairs.

Comment

The road noise really isn't too bad in the NS, I just wouldn't mind it being a bit quieter. The dynamat will also make the sound system sound alot better! I'm hoping it will fix a minor gripe I have with the NS; the unstatisfying rattle in the door panel when you close the front doors. I have heard great things from a number of sources on this stuff, so initially I will be doing the doors and see how it goes. After that I might consider rear archs, floor and cargo area. They also make stuff specially suited to under the bonnet too.
      Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

Schniff,

I opted for the AVN-6000 in in my 07 Exceed. Have had major problems with intergration to the Rockford system - and as such its coming back out! I am dissapointed
        I am unsure of why Mitsubishi have opted for this unit as an 'option' especially given the top of the line car. Eclpipse apparently sold an adaptor to make this unit work - however it does not, only fronts work and sounds shite. I suspect the that Eclipse supplied the pat to fit the VRX stereo - not the ROckford system.

Anyway - I am pressing Mitsubishi to supply the head unit (a Rockford unit that was made for the sytem in the Exceed). Here is some info.

http://www.rockfordacousticdesign.co...ils_pajero.asp
        and
        http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/newshogun/

ANyway. The AVN and 'pack' that came from Mitsubishi had just the face a new face plate - I am not sure if the black back plate which sits behind the AVN front surround was part of it.....some pictures attached. Bottom line is that it is not very neat in my opinion and does not look as as good as it does in the brochure. I hope your unit goes in and work better than mine....I am asuming it will given it does not ahve the 12 speakers, amp DSP etc.
        Attached Files
        NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

And one more - sorry they seem small - taken with phone camera today.
          Attached Files
          NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

and one more
            Attached Files

Comment

Proudy, thanks very much for your response. It certainly doesn't look anywhere near as good in your photo as it does in the brochure. Why didn't they just produce a part that would have the double din system mounted flush against the facia??? As for that backing, I guess I will find out about that when a take the console apart.

I cannot believe that Mitsubishi have ballsed up the Satnav for the Exceeds. Satnav should be standard on that model. I fail to see how 12 speakers is going to give you that much of a greater audio experience unless you watch movies. I guarantee that when I've put a pair of focal 165K2ps in my fronts and a focal 2 x150 amp the sound quality for music will shit all over the rockford system - and thats with no sub! (Don't get me wrong - I am sure the Rockford system is still very nice though). Speakers in the rear (except for subs) really add little to the listening experience and your better off spending the time and money on the fronts to get that nice soundstage. I think it was stupid for Mitsubishi to take the Rockford route on the Exceed given that there would be no integrated satnav option.

The only other thing I would suggest is perhaps changing the rockford amp to an aftermarket one? You may have to get two amps though, but I could see it working as long as the speaker connections are the same (and why woulnd't they??)

Comment

Originally posted by Schniff View Post
                Proudy, thanks very much for your response. It certainly doesn't look anywhere near as good in your photo as it does in the brochure. Why didn't they just produce a part that would have the double din system mounted flush against the facia??? As for that backing, I guess I will find out about that when a take the console apart.

I cannot believe that Mitsubishi have ballsed up the Satnav for the Exceeds. Satnav should be standard on that model. I fail to see how 12 speakers is going to give you that much of a greater audio experience unless you watch movies. I guarantee that when I've put a pair of focal 165K2ps in my fronts and a focal 2 x150 amp the sound quality for music will shit all over the rockford system - and thats with no sub! (Don't get me wrong - I am sure the Rockford system is still very nice though). Speakers in the rear (except for subs) really add little to the listening experience and your better off spending the time and money on the fronts to get that nice soundstage. I think it was stupid for Mitsubishi to take the Rockford route on the Exceed given that there would be no integrated satnav option.

The only other thing I would suggest is perhaps changing the rockford amp to an aftermarket one? You may have to get two amps though, but I could see it working as long as the speaker connections are the same (and why woulnd't they??)

Schniff, yep totally agree the Sat Nav should be standard on the Exceed. The marketing of the Rockford does not fit a "luxuray" car either. Ok to sound good but I dont need to be blown out the door of the car - I need sound in the back for the kids and radio/satnav up front.
                The facia mentioned is made for the Rockford "Mastro" sat Nav deck as per the link previous - not the AVN 6000 so it wont look so standard or have a flush fit. Anyway Mitsubishi have not secured my next car with the Pajero I have just purchased! They should not have have said no to the Sat Nav - I would have gone the Prado or something else (although this was not the option swinging my deceision, it was a large consideration).
                Anyway I am looking for options and something that fits the Rockford system if I can get the Rockford made Sat Nav option (Mastro unit) as in the Euro and Japan Pajeros (AKA Shogun).
                The Rockford system has a Digital Sound Processor and then the AMP I think? so its a non standard ISO connection in the back of the existing deck (by the look of it). I am not sure what the hell to do really - but what I have is going back.

Comment

Hi all,

I purchased the double din SATNAV accomodation kit with my VRX, and have now purchased an Infill G4 double din car PC to go into it. I picked up the accomodation kit the other day and it consists simply of a facia plate. Interestingly, it is a slightly bigger than the double din size.

On close inspection of the Pajero accessories brochure you can see that the Eclipse AVN 6000 actually has another facia plate around it, set inside the dash plate that I recieved. I contacted the dealer and he was unsure as to whether this was supposed to be included with the accomodation kit, or if it came with the AVN unit.

I understand one or more forum members went and had satnav put in aftermarket. Can anyone confirm what the go was here?

Im very excited about the car pc! It will run On road nav, off road nav, jukebox, dvd, bluetooth hands free, engine diagnostics and tv if I wish all in one! It would be great if they came out with a PC compatible tyre pressure monitor system too. I will be installing it myself and will post pictures and maybe a little tutorial once its done. I will also be putting dynamat in my doors.
                  Schniff,

I would intrested in how you go with your unit. Had a qick look on line but the Maxice site is down. Got any info or good sies to look for...and where did you get it?

Comment

I used wurth deadening pads, deadened 2 front doors in and outer shell.plus the sidings ( i just hope the hinges can hold all that weight) . . deadned 3rd row sidings, I think the rattle your hearing is from the cladding, had mine removed and deadned as well. and also the metal spokes of the door locks and door handle are prone to rattles if your running powerful speakers, i wraped it in plastic tubing, I'm using 2 JL 13w6v2 at the back powered by JL 1000/1, focal k2ps up front paired with butler blue 475 bridged, and dls up6 powered by jl 300/2 for the 2nd row.

[ATTACH][ATTACH]64
                    [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
                    Attached Files
                    2007 NS 3.2 did auto and 1999 NL 2.8 , .

Comment

Dunkinx, thanks for your post. Good to hear your running the focals up the front; now I will definitely be looking at getting them at some stage. I will be going with the Dynamat Extreme so I don't have to stuff around with a heat gun. Interesting what you say about the cladding; I will look into that as well. Do you have any more pictures of the installation of your audio components?

Proudy, I got most of my information from the maxice website. There is also a lot of information on the units on www.mp3.com. It seems there is a lot people interested in these units in the states. I got my unit directly from Maxice, as there is no longer an agent in Adelaide as far as I know.

At this stage my mate and I will be installing the unit and a reverse camera on Friday afternoon. Will let you know how I go.....

Comment

Proudy, was the AVN integrated with your rear dvd player?

Comment

Proudy, was the AVN integrated with your rear dvd player?
                          NO, just another problem since installed.

Just to add - do you know if OziExplorer will work on you sytem?
                          Last edited by Proudy; 18-07-07, 01:26 AM.

Comment

It runs Windows XP. There is no reason why it wouldn't run Ozi.

Comment

Dunkinx, how did you remove the cladding from the door?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X