Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear door vs. Tree = confused door lock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear door vs. Tree = confused door lock.

Dear All,
    My beloved just dropped the Pajero into me and swapped cars.

Reason is she just backed into a tree, which bent the spare wheel rack assembly (and broke associated plastics) & sprung the rear tailgate door open.

It wont shut now.

The latch seems to be stuck in the 'locked' position, and the locking bit (that hooks on) wont open to then latch on. Its like the doors locked and the key wont unlock it.

I've pulled it down enough to be able to make it work with my hand stuck in there but that's not a solution.

Does anyone have a repair manual that I can have the page/s from (fax or email) to see how the connecting rods for the lock and door handle should look (i'm thinking they're a bit bent or out of whack now)?

(re-reading the above I've made no sense I reckon! Be handy to know the right names for the components!)

Any help greatly appreciated.

A picture says a thousand words ...
    2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

This is the Gen 3. Is yours the same?
      Attached Files
      Cheers, John.
      LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
      Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

I've heard that for some drivers, those pesky trees are always leaping into the way when they're not watching!

Steve
        Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
        "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

Thanks Mrbitchi - slightly different but much the same!

All looked okay, but still wouldnt unlock to allow closure.

Long story short is that the outer door skin pushed in less than a cm, bt that was enough to put the rods from each of the door lock, the door handle, and actuator to foul up when unlocking.

Rubber mallet and special tool number #13 (length of pine with a stubby holder over the end) managed to massage the skin back to where it should be and hey presto we are away.

Im surprised how little the deformity needed to be to present a problem.

Got to price a rear wheel cover support frame etc tommorrow - sould be cheap !! not.

Thanks for the replies - and Stevie-Ray, yes them thar tress are pesky. Main wife said she had her eye on the tree in the side mirror, and the car next to her in the other side mirror - didnt see the huge tree in the windscreen mirror!!

Comment

Originally posted by jawk View Post
            Thanks Mrbitchi - slightly different but much the same!

All looked okay, but still wouldnt unlock to allow closure.

Long story short is that the outer door skin pushed in less than a cm, bt that was enough to put the rods from each of the door lock, the door handle, and actuator to foul up when unlocking.

Rubber mallet and special tool number #13 (length of pine with a stubby holder over the end) managed to massage the skin back to where it should be and hey presto we are away.

Im surprised how little the deformity needed to be to present a problem.

Got to price a rear wheel cover support frame etc tommorrow - sould be cheap !! not.

Thanks for the replies - and Stevie-Ray, yes them thar tress are pesky. Main wife said she had her eye on the tree in the side mirror, and the car next to her in the other side mirror - didnt see the huge tree in the windscreen mirror!!
            Best practice is to look at area behind vehicle where one will be reversing just BEFORE getting in drivers seat. (short posts are lethal) THEN use mirrors to complete manoeuvre. Works every time.
            99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.

Comment

Originally posted by MTN-KAT View Post
              Best practice is to look at area behind vehicle where one will be reversing just BEFORE getting in drivers seat. (short posts are lethal) THEN use mirrors to complete manoeuvre. Works every time.
              I'll be sure to let her know...

Actually, no, I'll give you her number and YOU can tell her...

Comment

My Mrs hates driving the NS for the came reason , she claims she cant see , ive installed a reverse camera , but its still the same for her .
                Steve 08 NS VRX Pajero DID Auto . TJM Steel Bullbar Warn Winch 9000 ib Narva 175 Ultimate Driving lights 3 pairs Uniden IC440 , Haymen Reece towbar TJM Airtec Snorkel Tint ARB Old Man Emu 2 Inch lift springs and shocks . Coopers 265 / 60 / 18 ATR VMS 500 GPS . TPMS 40 Litre Engel Fridge Rhino roof bars and rack Dashmat TJM 175 lpm A/C Ironman Duel Battery Kit F&R ARB Diff locks Long Ranger 60 Litre Aux Tank Black Widow rear draws and water tank Chip it Chip& Delete pipe ARB Awning

Comment

It's on our "want to do" list - a reversing camera and one on the back of the caravan...

The drought has affected our money tree.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X