SWB Auxilairy Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWB Auxilairy Tank

Does any one have any information on the availability of an auxiliary Petrol Tank for the NS SWB ?? Please be as specific as you can regarding suppliers.
    If you have been told how it connects into the fuel system please let me know that too

cheers andrew
    Cheers,
    Andrew

2007 NS SWB R V6 Auto - Tow Bar & Lift, Thule Aero Bars, TomTom GO720
    1991 NH 2.6 SWB Manual - Michelin AT's, Thule Roofbars, Alloy Bullbar,Hella Lamps, Pedders 1" Lift

there is a detailed post already here.. pics and all..
    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Originally posted by matthewfnorbert View Post
      Any hints on wherre exactly
      NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Originally posted by Eastie View Post
        Try Long Range Automotive - I am looking into one for LWB Exceed...not sure on hte SWB.

http://www.longrangeautomotive.com.au/

NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by matthewfnorbert View Post
          Originally posted by Eastie View Post
          I agree - where? I searched for "auxiliary tank", found this post and one of mine but no pics of NS auxiliary.
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
            I agree - where? I searched for "auxiliary tank", found this post and one of mine but no pics of NS auxiliary.
            On the old forum there is a topic on this....buggered if I can get to it now?
            NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

It's gone

The old forum is gone now

The last info we had on it was that one of the guys had been told by LRA that an aux tank would be available about now (8 weeks from mid may).

I sent them an email a couple of weeks ago asking for more info about size etc. but never heard back from them

I was going to follow up with a phone call soon, but haven't bought the car yet so I'm not in a hurry. If you do get any info, please update us all

Cheers,

Chris

Comment

grrr yes its all gone anyway the jist was that LRA have a goodun for the swb, 68l ?? around $1300 fitted.. give them a call, i found them very helpful and friendly
                SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

I am new to this forum and have signed the dotted line for a NS SWB R Pajero. One of my criteria for selection was the availability of a Long Range/Aux fuel tank for the vehicle. I received a response from LRA a week or so ago (Roger was the guy) and the Aux tank (65 litres) is now available. The muffler is replaced as part of the installation and cost. Roger indicated $1650 supply and fit.

Looking forward to taking delivery in a few weeks. Mine it appears is still leaving Japan. I wanted one with rear lockers, these apparently are harder to source.
                  2007 NS SWB Pajero R DID, Rear Locker, BFG 265/70/17 T/A KO's, Towbar, B&D Bashplates, LRA AUX Fuel Tank, Lovells/Bilstein 50mm lift,
                  Dual Battery, ORS Fridge Pack 1,Fully Dynamatted, Bushskinz Sliders,ARB Deluxe Bar,Safari Snorkel, Chipit module, EGT Kit, DPF Delete, DPF SIM, Winch,Torque Converter Lockup, EGR fully sorted

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100

Comment

I have been in touch with LRA and i will post their email reply when i get it
                    Cheers,
                    Andrew

1991 NH 2.6 SWB Manual - Michelin AT's, Thule Roofbars, Alloy Bullbar,Hella Lamps, Pedders 1" Lift

Comment

This is the reply i got from LRA
                      The tank we manufacture is a 65L Auxiliary tank. This tank fits behind the rear axle and works in conjunction with the main tank.

There is a new Twin filler supplied with this tank as well as our Auxiliary tank fitting kit. This kit includes the sender unit, LED switch gauge, transfer pump, all fitting and hoses you will need to install.

There is no ground clearance lost with this tank either.

Cost: $1350 (inc GST) supply only ? Tank and fitting kit
                      $ 1650 (inc GST) supplied & fitted by us.
                      Cheers,
                      Andrew

Comment

Macguru - was that for a SWB or LWB

Rich

Comment

Swb
                          Cheers,
                          Andrew

Comment

That is great news. I had settled on a SWB with the hope this would happen,

Do you know/believe if an upgrade to suspension would also be required?

And one more question - does this casue any issue with having a tow bar?

Many thanks

Rich
                            Last edited by Rich; 28-07-07, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Hi Rich,

I am in the same situation as you, commited the dollars, delivery soon, and the AUX tank is definitely one of the first buys. My concern at the moment is the lack of feedback on this LRA installation. Appreciate any feedback from forum members who have invested in this AUX tank (i.e have it fitted) and what there impressions are of the product. Had a look under the back of the SWB at a dealers premises and the there is not much room. Modify the muffler arrangement yes that is definitely needed, however 65 litres takes up a fair amount of space. I would like to see the installation and be reassured that ground clearance is not affected and yes I think it is a valid point in regrds to suspension modification, i.e need for more rigid string rate, maybe a small lift? Comments please
                              2007 NS SWB Pajero R DID, Rear Locker, BFG 265/70/17 T/A KO's, Towbar, B&D Bashplates, LRA AUX Fuel Tank, Lovells/Bilstein 50mm lift,
                              Dual Battery, ORS Fridge Pack 1,Fully Dynamatted, Bushskinz Sliders,ARB Deluxe Bar,Safari Snorkel, Chipit module, EGT Kit, DPF Delete, DPF SIM, Winch,Torque Converter Lockup, EGR fully sorted

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X