Ad below navbar

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Tech Tricks - boy things

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Little Tech Tricks - boy things

    Hi all,

    Really silly question, but the boy in me loves fiddling and playing with things.

    Picking up the new VRX tomorrow and just wondering if there are any little settings, adjustments controls what-have-you that can/should/shouldn't be adjusted that are not immediately obvious?

    DiggerD

    NS/VRX/3.8 Petrol. AVN6000 fit next week that should keep me fiddling

  • #2
    Just one thing - before you spend the $$$$, I noticed that you are getting the AVN 6000 fitted. For the same dollars you could get the Infill G4 car pc, which I am fitting to my VRX tommorow. It will give you everything the AVN gives you, but has a 40 gig hdd for all your music and being PC based will provide off road satnav. It will also run your phone and anything else a PC will run. I am connecting an OBD scanner for engine diagnostics, fault code analysis and virtual guages. For more info go to www.maxice.com.au.

    No I don't work for them!
    Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

    Comment


    • #3
      One thing to make sure of is that your alarm is on, seems the factory default is off...
      -----------------------
      NS SWB-X, Nudge bar, Towbar, Sunroof, GPS, Rear cam
      -----------------------

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Schniff View Post
        Just one thing - before you spend the $$$$, I noticed that you are getting the AVN 6000 fitted. For the same dollars you could get the Infill G4 car pc, which I am fitting to my VRX tommorow. It will give you everything the AVN gives you, but has a 40 gig hdd for all your music and being PC based will provide off road satnav. It will also run your phone and anything else a PC will run. I am connecting an OBD scanner for engine diagnostics, fault code analysis and virtual guages. For more info go to www.maxice.com.au.

        No I don't work for them!
        Can the Infill G4 fit in the head unit slot? It seems that the head unit slot is a little bit smaller than the standard 2-din. Can you post images of your dash with the Infill G4? How much is the Infill G4? Can you still use the steering mounted controls of the head unit with the Infill G4?

        Comment


        • #5
          Schniff, it looks like an amazing product. I'd love to know how it works for you. I was tempted to install it, but in the end went with the AVN6000 as I didnt trust Win XP to run reliably in my car when it wont run reliably on my desktop...
          -----------------------
          NS SWB-X, Nudge bar, Towbar, Sunroof, GPS, Rear cam
          -----------------------

          Comment


          • #6
            Steering Wheel control of AVN6000

            Hi I have the AVN6000 fitted to mine, but the steering wheel controls don't work. Should they?

            2008 NS 25th Anniversary Model.

            Comment


            • #7
              How do you set the alarm to on? Is it something that a dealer has to do?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Travis View Post
                How do you set the alarm to on? Is it something that a dealer has to do?
                Pretty sure it is described in the owners manual...small set of convoluted steps from memory
                NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
                Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JoshF View Post
                  Pretty sure it is described in the owners manual...small set of convoluted steps from memory
                  Can you list the steps please?
                  Can't find anything in the manual.
                  2008 Pajero GLS 3.8 V6 auto - Front Skid Plate, LOVELLS Shocks & SD Springs, 33" Cooper Zeon LTZ's, custom AEM CAI, flowmaster seires 50...
                  Soon: diff's, gearbox&transfer case breathers, reduction gears, full underbody protection, ARB rear airlocker and the list goes on...
                  My build/pix thread: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=19121
                  For more pix follow me on Instigram: @awwabjan

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Aussie_Eddy View Post
                    Hi I have the AVN6000 fitted to mine, but the steering wheel controls don't work. Should they?

                    2008 NS 25th Anniversary Model.
                    yes they should work

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by crazymagna View Post
                      Can you list the steps please?
                      Can't find anything in the manual.
                      okay this is what you do.

                      Click on Search on the above toolbar, select Advanced Search

                      In the key words type in Car Alarm

                      In the Search in forums section select Generation 4-1

                      Then hit Search Now button

                      On the resulting search outcome there are a number of postings about Car Alarms many have the information you are looking for

                      This one is pretty good

                      http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ight=car+alarm
                      NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
                      Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JoshF View Post
                        okay this is what you do.

                        Click on Search on the above toolbar, select Advanced Search

                        In the key words type in Car Alarm

                        In the Search in forums section select Generation 4-1

                        Then hit Search Now button

                        On the resulting search outcome there are a number of postings about Car Alarms many have the information you are looking for

                        This one is pretty good

                        http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ight=car+alarm


                        Thank you joshf,
                        As for the instructions, I tried these exact one (maybe from another thread) when I got my ns 3 years back and it didn't work. I thought there are different ways to do it. (I did try again just to be sure).
                        2008 Pajero GLS 3.8 V6 auto - Front Skid Plate, LOVELLS Shocks & SD Springs, 33" Cooper Zeon LTZ's, custom AEM CAI, flowmaster seires 50...
                        Soon: diff's, gearbox&transfer case breathers, reduction gears, full underbody protection, ARB rear airlocker and the list goes on...
                        My build/pix thread: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=19121
                        For more pix follow me on Instigram: @awwabjan

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          turn to page 1-14 to 1-15 in your owners manual for a description of the system

                          1-16 to 1-21 explains turning it on and off
                          NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
                          Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

                          Comment

                          Matched content

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X