NS Pajero Intake Manifold Soot Buildup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS Pajero Intake Manifold Soot Buildup

I am new to this, sorry if this has already been discussed, after fitting a 'chip my diesel' chip and 3 inch exhaust we are having heaps of problems - we recently discovered thru a local ex Mitsubishi mechanic the Pajeros have a common fault regarding the positioning or the intake manifold and the recirculation of 'dirty/oily' air through the engine system which is causing a buildup of carbon/soot in the intake manifold - can anyone shed any light on where I can locate the official Mitsubishi service bulletins/recall notices on this issue or any other relevant info - I plan to contact Mitsubishi and seek compensation for costs incurred to resolve this matter.. Thanks in advance..
    2008 NS Pajero - 25th Anniversary

Good luck with that one. If you are still in warranty maybe but other wise not a chance.
    Worth a shot though. It's free.
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

There was an software update I had done recently to reduce soot build up. No idea how that was meant to work - they didn't charge for it.

Not sure of a recall/update number and no idea when this was released as this was the first time the NS had been to a dealer in 2 years.
      07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

I had the same problem when I first purchased my ns

they replaced the map sensor to milk it past warranty

was able to go back and negotiate and get a fair deal, wasn't easy but I was happy with the out come.
        And I was the third owner

Not 100% on the clean they did for the bottom manifold but.

I don't think there is a official call back as such but its a well known problem
        You should be able to google for government call backs I think
        NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

Good luck, you must still be covered by the 5 year warranty.
          NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
          Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

Umm 3 inch exhaust on an NS is the cat/dpf still inplace or also replaced

Comment

we took our NS in to a dealer for clutch work about 6 months ago, and they said, you've still the original intake manifold, would you like us to replace it?

No problem, they said, it'll be free. And they were good to their word. Until then we had soot buildup problems, but not since.

Comment

Originally posted by cooperplace View Post
                we took our NS in to a dealer for clutch work about 6 months ago, and they said, you've still the original intake manifold, would you like us to replace it?

No problem, they said, it'll be free. And they were good to their word. Until then we had soot buildup problems, but not since.
                Hi there
                Was the intake manifold done under warranty.
                If you don't mind me asking
                Cheers Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by jinks_one View Post
                  Hi there
                  Was the intake manifold done under warranty.
                  If you don't mind me asking
                  Cheers Andrew
                  yes, even tho it was out of warranty

Comment

Are you the original owner?
                    07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

Thanks for that I'll hit the dealer with this

Comment

and so what was the outcome of the dealer visit?
                        NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
                        Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

I'm interested too as I didn't end up removing the manifold to clean.

Comment

Is there an easy way to tell the difference between an NT and NS manifold? Reason I ask is I just bought an NS and the guy before me said it had the manifold replaced under warranty recently but I'd love to know if it was the NT manifold.

Comment

First picture on the link shows the hose going from the map sensor (blue) down to the "old" manifold.
                              http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...3&postcount=18

And the new one
                              http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...4&postcount=17

regards
                              2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
                              Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
                              31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
                              2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X