KNN air filter for ns 4m41.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KNN air filter for ns 4m41.

gud day mates, anyone here using drop in KNN filter for their NS diesel? can anyone post the part no. of the KNN filter? cant seem to find which will fit the NS. I wonder if its the same size as the NM diesel.
    2007 NS 3.2 did auto and 1999 NL 2.8 , .

You're not from Australia are you?

The K & N website does not list a filter for any NM / NP / NS, which seems strange to me as I recall some others using them.

Pat
    16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
    10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

psproule how did you know I'm not from australia? you guessed right.
      Ive been searching the net but cant seem to find one, a friend of mine was able to get one for his 4m40 engine, so i'm guessing there has to one made for the 4m41.

Comment

Originally posted by psproule View Post
        You're not from Australia are you?

The K & N website does not list a filter for any NM / NP / NS, which seems strange to me as I recall some others using them.

Pat
        Hi Guys,

Go into your local parts shop and ask for one to be ordered. Can't remember the part code, but if I find my receipt will tell yas .

Cost me about AU$120 for my NP, I would say the NS would have the same air box as the basics of the engine and chassis are pretty much identical.

I have noticed an increase in power and about and using about 0.5l/100km less then with the paper element.

Ben
        MY05 NP Pajero GLX DiD, 5 speed auto, 2" Lift, Tait TM8115 UHF

Comment

They don't filter as well as the Mitsubishi paper elements - that's why they flow more. I personally prefer to extend the life of the engine so wouldn't use a K&N.
          NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

Because you said "Gud day Mates" Dead giveaway. We might say G'day but thats about it. Bit like Fosters beer - try and find an Aussie who actually likes it....

While I havent used a K & N for my vehicles I have heard mixed things about them and seen a few problems first hand. One issue is travelling in dusty areas. You can tap the dust out of a paper filter quite easily but you have to wash a K & N (which could be a pain on a daily basis). A friend had one in a series 2 Disco and after 4 days in the high country it was so choked up that the motor wouldnt pull any revs. I have also heard comparisons where they showed a good paper filter is better at trapping fine particles.

Pat
            Last edited by psproule; 28-07-07, 06:29 AM.
            16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
            10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Originally posted by psproule View Post
              Pat
              The K&N website says that a 2002 NM 3.2l needs K&N Part #33-2164

Peter
              2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

thanks peter, great find. thats the part number i need. I hope that both NS and NM airfilters are identical. it also says in the knn application chart that the 3.8 petrol vesion can use the same filter.

nice one pat g'day

Comment

Theres always the option of using the KNN for better economy around town and switch back to the mitsu filter when heading out bush?
                  Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X