Turbo hose blew off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo hose blew off.

Driving to work this morning in the pissing rain and loud pop and hissing sound.
    Knew exactly what it was only the location wad unknown.
    Turned out to be the outlet hose of the turbo.
    Loosened the clamp and put it back on as good as I could in the conditions!
    Made it to work fine and will now be ckecking all clamps.
    Has this happened to anyone else? Boost was about 14 psi at the manifold. No idea what it was on the other use of the intercooler.
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

I just took my hoses off yesterday and forgot to tighten one of the clamp, thanks for Reminding me to recheck it, LOL. I drove mine around on 17psi boost and fortunately it didn't blow off, so yours Must have been very loose?
    NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

ive had it lots of times especially after mitsu service i have heavy duty clamps on it now

Comment

Its Not just MM that forget stuff

Not as bad as silicone in the timing chain tensioner
        NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

Sales rep left the yard the other day, returned said he had no power. Had a look found hose off.

Comment

This just happened to my car. 2nd time in two days. I'm going to put a new hose on, but unsure if there is something else to look for that might be more sinister than an old hose.

Thanks

Liam
            Sold. 2007 NS VRX DID

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST

Comment

I had this happen a couple months ago. Happened twice within about 3 weeks

The first time I don't think I had slipped enough of the hose back over the 'nipple' before tightening the clamp back up. So far being several months later it has not happened again.

As far as something more sinister, I don't think so.
              NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

Thanks for this thread. I was out on the track today when I thought I'd got a puncture. I heard a pop and air escaping. Checked the tyres and to my surprise they were fine. I then thought the worst and that is blown the turbo somehow.
                After seeing this, I checked the pipe and found it hanging loose.

Phew!
                07 NS GLX 3.2 DiD Auto - Bushskinz bash plate + custom bash plate - Rocksliderz - factory bull bar - Pirelli scorpion ATRs - Ironman awning - Rhino Pioneer Luggage tray - Chip it race pipe - Home made breathers - 2" (Bilstein/Lovell) - No Limit Chip - Torque Pro for Android

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X