Need help, ns pajero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help, ns pajero

So here's the story, we traded in our 2000 pajero exceed and got a 2008 ns auto diesel with 260 000km the car was running fine until a couple of months ago. The ASC OFF and traction control lights came on and the car losses power and can only go to about 60. I pull over turn the car off and on again and they go away. The mechanic has put a new computer where all the sensors go into. But still no result ,the lights come on. The rain seems to make it worse. And recently in the past week the check engine light has started to come on. Took it to the mechanic and he said there is water in the fuel so he has fixed it all up. But this morning the light has come on again.
    Any advice would be great.
    Attached Files

They should be looking to see what error codes are being produced, they need a diagnostic tool to do this. If the errors need clearing certain ones require a MUTT other can be cleared from generic scanning tools

For me just guessing from what your describing with the rain making it worse, it sounds to me if a sensor itself is the problem. But to be honest really should be getting the error codes to point in the right direction. IMO
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

THe mechanic said that he can't get any codes without the lights on and when they go off no error codes are stored

Comment

Originally posted by thehulls View Post
        THe mechanic said that he can't get any codes without the lights on and when they go off no error codes are stored
        Get a new mechanic. Some codes can't be read by the generic code readers most mechanics have.

To find all issues it has to be taken to someone with a MUTT III computer, usually mitsi themselves. Might be worth the expense to stop the guessing

Comment

A Scangauge or Ultra Gauge will find most codes whilst engine light is on. Will also clear minor codes to get you home. I had issues 12 months ago and was stuck 300km's from home which was a real pain in the ass! Since then could have been stuck a few more times but my ultra gauge got me home by clearing the codes (were self inflicted codes). I think there an essential bit of technology for peace of mind and all the other information they give you about what's going on with your rig. Lots of info on hear about them and all the error code explanations as well.
          Cheers
          2007 NS, 17 inch rims with Geolander A/T. Tough Dog shox & Dobinson coils. Full EGR block, throttle plate removed.

Comment

You have all the symptoms of the dreaded sooted up manifold this blocks your MAP sensor and will give you the codes described above. Yes find a diesel mechanic they have experience in these matters.
            2007 NS VRX Cool Siver, Mitsu Alloy BB with spotties, MM towbar, Family Pack, ARB Awning, Duel battery with Optima yellow top starter, Bushskinz intercooler and sump combo, 2" lift with Bilstein shocks and HD Lovels, Ultragauge (Sold 2014)

Comment

Where in Sydney are you?
              2007 NS VRX Cool Siver, Mitsu Alloy BB with spotties, MM towbar, Family Pack, ARB Awning, Duel battery with Optima yellow top starter, Bushskinz intercooler and sump combo, 2" lift with Bilstein shocks and HD Lovels, Ultragauge (Sold 2014)

Comment

North west sydney, hills area
                Does anyone know any half decent mitsubishi service centres in my area

Comment

Just an update to this story, this weekend we were heading to Jarvis bay for a birthday,new took the pajero and this problem of the two lights coming on and then a loss of power max we could go was 60. This happened 10 times we didn't even get to Campbeltown and had to turn around because it was so bad, the roads were dry so it mustn't be the rain

Comment

Originally posted by thehulls View Post
                    North west sydney, hills area
                    Does anyone know any half decent mitsubishi service centres in my area
                    A little way away, but may be worth having a chat with Richard at Techno Automotives http://www.technoautomotives.com.au/ in Rydalmere. He has lots of Pajero experience http://www.technoautomotives.com.au/...d=20&Itemid=28

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
                    Stephen
                    2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Limp mode

Hey mate, I to have a ns auto with 140km on the clock. Now same story as what's happening to you buddy but I bought mine from a car yard in which they had to honour the 3 month warranty.
                        Mrs was driving home and came through a round a bout and accelerated out with nothing but light on the dash.
                        I requested the vehicle be sent to MM for fixing as I know what dodgy car yards get up to the bastards.

Codes pulled on initial scan at MM, P0107 Baro/Map sensor low & 35 engine fail.

Items replaced to resolve problem from MM

New upper and lower intake manifold fitted due to excessive carbon build up.
                        Internal map sensor assembly failed so replaced.
                        Suction control valve in fuel system failed so replaced.
                        Recall 020108 Pajero 4M41 Reflash, not sure but sounds ecu ish?.

All up cost the yard just over 2k. Touching wood have not had issues since.

Hope this help mate or points you in the right direction.

Comment

OP, if you need a suction control valve I have a brand new one availble if you want it.

PM for details.
                          2007 Mitsubishi Pajero NS GLX - turbo diesel

Comment

I had a similar situation, to make a long story short, I needed a new ecu and brake hbb unit. Car was off the road for about 3 weeks.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X