NS Pajero Boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS Pajero Boost

Has anyone experimented with the NS DID and boost controllers? Mine is an early NS and appears not to be ECU controlled wastegate. Any Success? Worth looking at?
    NS LWB Diesel '07 - Opposite Lock Bar - Lightforce Genesis - Kings / KYB's 40mm raised - Icom IC400 Pro - Redarc dual battery - ARB Compressor with front/rear hose connections - Rola Racks - No Limit Chip - Bushskinz Plates - Falken Wildpeak A/T 265/70/17's

Just read this.. yes i have a manual NS DiD with the manual wastegate. I've been using a manual boost controller for about a year now and it works a treat. Must be tuned with a boost gauge though as it's very sensitive and potentially imprecise - you basically have to adjust a screw and then see what it does.

I have only increased mine by about 1-2 psi on max boost..
    Bushskinz bashplates, bilsteins/lovells 2 inch lift, LRA secondary tank, diff breathers, provent catch can, custom tune, ARB bar.
    UHF, 2 camping batteries w 2 x BCDC (one in front bay, one in 3rd row seat well), Runva 11xp with dynema.
    Narva 225s with 3rd party HID ballast, pioneer platform mounted to roof with LED bar, Stedi camping lights on side.
    40lt water tank with custom drawers. Alpine amp and speakers (x4), kicker sub.

Comment

Boost yes

Mike at Turbotune adelaide has a NS manual with normal waistegate, with boost running higher and chip it and can run up to 125kw at rear wheels

call him on 82971030

cheers Dave

Comment

Originally posted by abe View Post
        Just read this.. yes i have a manual NS DiD with the manual wastegate. I've been using a manual boost controller for about a year now and it works a treat. Must be tuned with a boost gauge though as it's very sensitive and potentially imprecise - you basically have to adjust a screw and then see what it does.

I have only increased mine by about 1-2 psi on max boost..
        Nice, did you notice much of an increase in power acceleration?
        NS LWB Diesel '07 - Opposite Lock Bar - Lightforce Genesis - Kings / KYB's 40mm raised - Icom IC400 Pro - Redarc dual battery - ARB Compressor with front/rear hose connections - Rola Racks - No Limit Chip - Bushskinz Plates - Falken Wildpeak A/T 265/70/17's

Comment

yep

i want to buy an exhaust manifold and turbo from a manual NS and swap mine to be waste-gate actuated more options in terms of tuning and better boost curve

Comment

Originally posted by Velocty View Post
            Nice, did you notice much of an increase in power acceleration?
            Definitely. I had a chipit chip which was producing a bit too much black smoke so i tuned it down a bit, by 3 settings (5 -> 2) and upped the boost 2psi. Felt as good as with the chipit on setting 5 and feels like the boost comes on earier so much more drivable.

That was about 12 months ago so thinking about nudging it up a bit more now
            Last edited by abe; 06-02-14, 09:58 PM.
            Bushskinz bashplates, bilsteins/lovells 2 inch lift, LRA secondary tank, diff breathers, provent catch can, custom tune, ARB bar.
            UHF, 2 camping batteries w 2 x BCDC (one in front bay, one in 3rd row seat well), Runva 11xp with dynema.
            Narva 225s with 3rd party HID ballast, pioneer platform mounted to roof with LED bar, Stedi camping lights on side.
            40lt water tank with custom drawers. Alpine amp and speakers (x4), kicker sub.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X