NS Fuse Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS Fuse Help Needed

I just bought an Arkpak battery box and 12v car charge adapter and went away for the weekend. When plugging the charger into any cigarette lighter socket in my NS SWB the little green light on the adapter flickered on and off, presumably from a poor connection somewhere. My main cigarette lighter now does not work, the other two outlets do. I have removed and checked every blue 15 amp fuse both in the cabin and engine bay and all appear to be fine. I have also physically removed fuse no 9 in the cabin and both centre console and rear outlets continue to work. As I had a sparky rewire the rear outlet to handle my Waeco, I assume that is fused separately, however where is the fuse for the centre console outlet? More importantly, if fuse no 9 is the main cigarette lighter and is not blown, what else can be the cause of my most important outlet not working? Any help from anyone much appreciated.
    NS SWB 3.2 DiD Auto. 2" lift, King springs, Bilstein shocks, Bushkinz bash plates, Airtek snorkel, BRC breathers,TJM Bullbar, 12000lb Grande Winch,Tyredog TPMS,Nomad valve body & TC lockup kit

Hi Mate,

Someone else might be able to confirm or deny this but I think there may be a fusable link on the back of the cig lighter socket itself.

Cheers
    Ben
    2007 Pajero NS VRX - DID, Manual, Cool Silver, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ARB Aluminium Rack, Awning, Bushskinz, Bilstein & Lovells HD, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, ARB Air Compressor, Lightforce XGTs, GME UHF, Cooper AT3, TPMS and Scan Gauge.

1996 Triton MJ Luxury Double Cab - 4d56T 2.5TD Manual, Snorkel, Canopy & Roof Rack, Side Step/Sliders, Bullbar, IPF Driving Lights, Mickey T MTZ's, GME UHF, Custom Roof Console, Spot Light, Pioneer Head Unit & Speakers, Piranha Dual Battery, Rear Drawers

Comment

Yes, there is a fuseable link behind the cig lighter socket.

Cheers
      Victor

Comment

Thanks Guys. I called into MNF yesterday here on the Gold Coast and they told me what you did so I am getting them to fix everything up on Monday. Thanks again for the help.
        NS SWB 3.2 DiD Auto. 2" lift, King springs, Bilstein shocks, Bushkinz bash plates, Airtek snorkel, BRC breathers,TJM Bullbar, 12000lb Grande Winch,Tyredog TPMS,Nomad valve body & TC lockup kit

Comment

Originally posted by PajNT View Post
          Yes, there is a fuseable link behind the cig lighter socket.

Cheers
          Victor
          Can anyone help me to locate this fusible link? Mine has blown and I can't see how to get to it easily - it's the one in the centre console.
          NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

Hi,

You need to remove the console, start with the cup holders, they pull straight out and you will see the screws that hold the front of the console down, I think there are screws at the back also next to the seats that will have to be removed. If you can't see them slide the front seats forwards. Use the search function for the repair manual, it shows the exploded view diagrams of the console and everything else.

Cheers
            Victor

Comment

Originally posted by PajNT View Post
              Hi,

You need to remove the console, start with the cup holders, they pull straight out and you will see the screws that hold the front of the console down, I think there are screws at the back also next to the seats that will have to be removed. If you can't see them slide the front seats forwards. Use the search function for the repair manual, it shows the exploded view diagrams of the console and everything else.

Cheers
              Victor
              Thanks for your quick response Victor.
              NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

I still need help. My centre console cig lighter fusible link has blown and even the simplest mechanical task seems beyond my capabilities. To remove the cup holders, is it just the cup holders which come out first or the piece of trim, 19.5 x 16.5 cms, which encompasses the cup holders? In either case, how does one get a suitable grip?

Comment

Just got to give the cup holder a good yank! This is the first part to remove. How many Wheat-Bix do you eat
                  02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

shove both hands, one in each of the cup holders, make a fist and pull up!
                    2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                    MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.

Comment

Look in the Do It Youself Projects section of this forum. Then top post/sticky DIY bibles, then Gen 4 section first post..........technical manual. Navigate on left hand menu to inetrior, shows you everything.

Also do a search through google not this site for something like pajero centre console remove. There are plenty of previous posts with info re this. Dont limit your search to NS model....as NS to NX is basically the same.
                      2008 NS X SWB DiD auto in cool silver, Pirelli Scorpion ATR's, MCC bull bar with Stedi Summit fog/DRL's, Airtec(TJM) snorkel.

Previously
                      88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
                      92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
                      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                      95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
                      99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit

Comment

Those cup holders can fit tightly sometimes, especially after a few years and never removed before. I found that working the cup holders side to side as well as upwards eventually gets it out. Once removed it then comes out quite easily every other time. The task of repairing the fusible link is actually quite ridiculous (removing panels etc) and entails a lot of work for something that should be a simple job.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X