Injector Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector Replacement

With our car looking at needing a top end inspection and potential rebuild I was wondering if I should bite the bullet and also replace the injectors, the car has done 225K. I though I read somewhere that these should be replaced around 200K but I cant seem to find that now.

The car had a fueling issue about a year ago where it would be hesitant and stuttery, we have a couple of people look at it back then but no one seemed 100% sure what it was, was recomended to replace the fuel pump at a cost of $2k but given the uncertainty I was reluctant, anyway it went away, comes back occasionally but then goes again, other than that we have no issues with fueling or smoke, hence dont want to replace them if not needed but while the engines stripped if it should be done then will get it included.

Does anyone know if this is the case that these should be replaced around 200k?

Diesel or petrol? I presume diesel. Why does it need a rebuild at those ks?
    2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
    Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
    2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

Diesel,

timing chain snapped!

Comment

Originally posted by jasonmoz View Post
        Diesel,

timing chain snapped!

I had my injectors and glow plugs replaced at 225,000Ks with my rebuild.

If you get away with just having the top rebuilt you are bloody lucky. Mine destroyed valves, pistons and injector tips.

Motor itself was totally free of sludge and shiny as, not a trace anywhere, manifold and EGR 99%clean.

Serviced every 7,500Ks oil and filter changed. Only ever used Valvoline SynPower MST Synthetic 5W-30W. Bloody expensive but to me well worth it as I have never had EGR or manifold problems.

Oh and BP diesel.

Comment

JasonMoz, the fueling issue could be due to the SCV (Suction control valve) being worn or sticky. It fits into the fuel pump hence the other mechanics saying you need a new fuel pump! I replaced mine myself due to intermittent surging and it cured the issue.

Tiapan have you ever done an egr block or oil catch can? Quite impressive that the manifolds have stayed clean!
          One of the last of the 08/09 NS DID GLX off the shelf!
          Cool silver, black factory bullbar (to be replaced) & full tint. 697 LT 265/65/17. NS>NT Upper manifold replacement. MM Towbar, BushSkinz IC & Sump guards, Self made cargo liner. Reverse cam. Bluetooth Aux In.

Comment

Originally posted by MTD View Post

Tiapan have you ever done an egr block or oil catch can? Quite impressive that the manifolds have stayed clean!

Neither of those ever done mate.

What do I put it down to................down and back on the M4 five days a week, using the M7 and M2, very little 'city stop start driving', BP diesel and the best oil available.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X