Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABS Wheel Sensor?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ABS Wheel Sensor?

    Hello all,

    Well kind of continuing on from my other thread here: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=35572

    Get a call from the mechanic, while attempting fit wheel bearings and ball joints upper and lower to the front, on the removal of the hub, the ABS sensor plug was rusted in, and trying to remove it resulted in it breaking. Each sensor is apparently $250 EACH!!!!... One side is broken and they haven't removed the other side yet, but said it looks just as rusted and highly likely it could break also...

    Anyone had this issue before or know of any cheaper sensors? The car has travelled over 300,000kms.. so I guess would be some rust/issues.

    Cheers

  • #2
    Try the Wreckers, they should have them at a fair price, but ring around to get the Best Price, even interstate as the freight is not too bad on smaller items. My NM LHR cost 55 bucks.
    NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by hobbo View Post
      Try the Wreckers, they should have them at a fair price, but ring around to get the Best Price, even interstate as the freight is not too bad on smaller items. My NM LHR cost 55 bucks.
      Well its coming from interstate over east somewhere, from mechanics supplier.. cost of... $320 for one. Already paid for in the bill... sigh.

      So have taken car back and they will call when arrives and fit, had a look on ali express and could of got one from China delivered for like $60.

      Also had supplied send wrong wheel bearings to be fitted.. not once but twice in a row, two different ones, neither matching the NS Pajero front even though quoted the VIN etc. So mechanics only option was genuine he said with a cost of $300-400 odd a side, gave it a miss as current ones seem fine.

      Comment


      • #4
        get him to show you the sensor

        it cannot rust in as they are plastic, I have a gen2 diff here that looks like it was playing on fraser for 20 years and the sensor was still easy to remove

        I would be checking
        ML triton with some accessories
        National E Trek Libary
        Getting Out There

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 4wd26 View Post
          get him to show you the sensor

          it cannot rust in as they are plastic, I have a gen2 diff here that looks like it was playing on fraser for 20 years and the sensor was still easy to remove

          I would be checking
          Well I do trust the mechanic have been going to for years/family friend etc.

          The other annoying/unfortunate thing is I took it for a wheel alignment after the ball joints and they told me they could barely move have the bolts to change it. Basically most of the camber bolts are seized and a bunch of others (the car has done 300,000kms + and I am guessing the first owner wasn't shy about beach/water activities!).

          So have to have that sorted before a proper wheel alignment can occur... the most annoying thing is less than 2 months before this I had a wheel alignment carried out at a Kmart Tyre and Auto, and the guys today were adament that it wouldn't of been touched by anyone and that I basically got lied to last time... what a way to waste $60.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BadSeed View Post
            Well I do trust the mechanic have been going to for years/family friend etc.

            The other annoying/unfortunate thing is I took it for a wheel alignment after the ball joints and they told me they could barely move have the bolts to change it. Basically most of the camber bolts are seized and a bunch of others (the car has done 300,000kms + and I am guessing the first owner wasn't shy about beach/water activities!).

            So have to have that sorted before a proper wheel alignment can occur... the most annoying thing is less than 2 months before this I had a wheel alignment carried out at a Kmart Tyre and Auto, and the guys today were adament that it wouldn't of been touched by anyone and that I basically got lied to last time... what a way to waste $60.
            yep camber bolts are notorious for that i had the replace all mine

            Comment


            • #7
              Not just a Pajero thing either. Hilux's front camber bolts were also seized. Big and xxxy job to fix. A it was only slightly they were no replaced.
              .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
              NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

              Comment

              Matched content

              Collapse
              Working...
              X