NS 18" Tyres Just Replaced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS 18" Tyres Just Replaced

Hi there all, I have just replaced the tyres on our NS for the 2nd time since we have owned it and thought I'd share some pics/info for anyone who might be interested.

Original set lasted 50K approx. Pretty happy with that considering we used them for 4wd as far as they would/could get us and across aust and back.

1st replacement set I went for Cooper 265/60R18 Passenger Construction. Really enjoyed the look, feel and offroadish performance of the tyre...but not so sure about life 55K's? And really they were down to the wear markers so should have been changed a sooner.

Somewhere not long after getting the Coopers I had the lift done, bilstein shocks and lovell springs, which gave the NS much needed ground clearance. The Coopers looked pretty small with the 2" odd lift we got.

2nd replacement set I have gone with Coopers again after much debating/searching tyres to fit 18" rim. Thankfully my best mate owns a tyrepower store and I get pretty good pricing, it was decided to go with coopers again. This time I have gone with 275/65R18 Light Truck Construction, I'm hoping the extra tread and heavier construction will give me a little more life. I was slightly disappointed by the last set.

Without the lift I'm not sure they would fit without scrubbing but I'm happy with the result, ride difference not sure yet but am doing 600 odd k's in the next 2 days so will find out. Hopefully the attached pics will work.
    Attached Files

I think you will also find the depth of tread on passenger construction is 3 or 4mm less as compared to the LT version.
    NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
    Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

Yep, I looked at both side by side and it is definitely at least that.

Comment

Did They fit in rear carrier OK

Comment

Is your car an auto? If so, do the larger diameter tyre effect the torque converter and lock up in any way?

At the rate my bridgestones are wearing, I will look at these for my next set of shoes I think.
          08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbsy View Post
            Did They fit in rear carrier OK
            Original is still in carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by justcruizin View Post
              Is your car an auto? If so, do the larger diameter tyre effect the torque converter and lock up in any way?

At the rate my bridgestones are wearing, I will look at these for my next set of shoes I think.
              Just completed 600 odd k's on them and everything works the same, in fact the ride/handling has improved out of site. Maybe that can be put down to low tread and alignment out to some degree. The only effect I noticed is that my speedo is now reading just under actual speed by about 1 or 2 km. It used to be about 5-6 under.

Comment

Sounds about right for the Dunlop AT 20 Highway tyres 50,000 kms. I got bout 52000 kms out my original set , and they where well down . My 265 /60 / 18 Coopers Discovery AT , have done 15000 Kms . Not sure how many kilometres they will last for thou ????
                Steve 08 NS VRX Pajero DID Auto . TJM Steel Bullbar Warn Winch 9000 ib Narva 175 Ultimate Driving lights 3 pairs Uniden IC440 , Haymen Reece towbar TJM Airtec Snorkel Tint ARB Old Man Emu 2 Inch lift springs and shocks . Coopers 265 / 60 / 18 ATR VMS 500 GPS . TPMS 40 Litre Engel Fridge Rhino roof bars and rack Dashmat TJM 175 lpm A/C Ironman Duel Battery Kit F&R ARB Diff locks Long Ranger 60 Litre Aux Tank Black Widow rear draws and water tank Chip it Chip& Delete pipe ARB Awning

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X