Snorkel Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snorkel Question

This might sound like a stupid question but......

I was talking to a mate about my snorkel that I got from TJM a few years ago as part of a deal which you got a free snorkel when you purchased the roo bar as a package.

Anyway I never had the snorkel fitted at the time, still in the box and I mentioned I may now go ahead and have it fitted and he said the snorkel I have is for a diesel not a petrol??

I have an NS SWB 3.8 Petrol, can I fit the snorkel?

I wouldn't have thought there would be much difference but have never looked under the bonnet of a diesel version of my car.

If the airbox is in the same position it should be fine I would think!
    2007 DID ARB bar,Dominator 12000lb,Aitec Snorkel, Bushskinz underbody protection/sliders, Lightforce XGT 70W Hid,35W Lo beam,55w Hid Hight Beam, 55W hid driving lights, 20" Tigers Light Bar,37" 320W Monster Light Bar, 25W Led rev light, 2x 16w Led Rear lights, F/R Diff Locks, Tx Lockup kit,3/4 roof cage, 17x8 Incubus Poltegeist wheels with BFG KM2 Muddies, 100Amp Hybrid Batt, 75Amp Thumper AGM, Thumper 50 Amp Charger, VMS 7" offroad GPS with reverse cam, ICOM IC 440 UHF, GME Epirb,

Comment

yes i am sure the outer part of the snorkel is identical for both petrol and deisels but maybe there could be a slightly different elbow bend or such for the snorkel inner part to fit the airbox. take a visual look to see how things may line up after a hole is bored into your guard for fitting
      NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

See this thread, and read first post.

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...t=19201&page=7

Originally posted by MSF
        This is a Safari Snorkel - There is only one part number for the safari - and it says it's for a DiD - but as you can see by the pics - it fits perfectly on the Petrol as the air box is basically identical.
        Hope that helps.
        NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X