NS/NT/NW Pajero Custom Tuning in Adelaide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS/NT/NW Pajero Custom Tuning in Adelaide

Hi guys. Im not 100% sure where to put this as it really applies to pretty much all of the late model diesel / petrol Mitsubishi's.

I work for a company called Willall Racing which is a tuning / aftermarket parts company based in Adelaide. We have been tuning and building all manner of cars for 20+ years... We have decided to expand into the 4x4 custom tuning market. Given that I have a NS Pajero we have naturally started off by tuning my own car.

The car is 100% stock at the moment from an engine / exhaust point of view right down to the stock DPF.

The baseline was 88.8RWKW. Once given a conservative tune the power has jumped to a much healthier 119.3RWKW. Once I fit a full 3" exhaust with a high flow cat and delete the DPF im quite sure there will be a fair bit more to be had All of this was done on our own in house 4WD Mainline Dyno.

If anyone in Adelaide / SA wants a similar result to their car drop me a PM and we can work something out.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gareth; 25-11-13, 06:20 PM. Reason: Forgot details.
    Silver 2008 NS VRX 3.2 DiD
    Ironman / Lovell 50mm lift, 275/65R18 Maxxis Big Horn's, Custom Rear bar protection, Bush Skinz intercooler guard, 4mm oil pan guard (self made), Bush Skinz Trans and Transfer guards, Bush Skinz Rock sliders, ARB Deluxe colour coded bull bar, ORU 12,000LB winch, Light force 240 Spot Lights, Custom dual battery carrier / Red Arc Isolator, UHF, Custom Tuned Uni-Chip.

That's a nice healthy jump in power you have achieved there Gareth. The NS must feel like a real rocket now!
    Can you give us any clues as to what has to be done to achieve this kind of gain?
    Cheers, Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

That looks like a Massive Improvement, is that possible without a Chip?
      NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie_Dan View Post
        That's a nice healthy jump in power you have achieved there Gareth. The NS must feel like a real rocket now!
        Can you give us any clues as to what has to be done to achieve this kind of gain?
        Cheers, Dan.
        Yea its feels how I really want it too. It goes like a jet now (All things being relative to the 800AWKW GTR I was playing with last week lol)

We are using a sophisticated interceptor to tune with in this instance. Depending on the car we will either re-flash the native ECU or use an interceptor such as this.

Gareth
        Ironman / Lovell 50mm lift, 275/65R18 Maxxis Big Horn's, Custom Rear bar protection, Bush Skinz intercooler guard, 4mm oil pan guard (self made), Bush Skinz Trans and Transfer guards, Bush Skinz Rock sliders, ARB Deluxe colour coded bull bar, ORU 12,000LB winch, Light force 240 Spot Lights, Custom dual battery carrier / Red Arc Isolator, UHF, Custom Tuned Uni-Chip.

Comment

If you have Your NS Pajero available to Test Drive, I think you will do well, but if its Not, you may have a Lot of Sceptics here as many have been Burnt by Overly Optimisic and Expensive Power Tunes. With That kind of Power/Torque Increase I hope you Recommend and Do a Full Engine Check and Service on all vehicles Before Hand? Good Luck with the New Enterprise.
          NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbo View Post
            If you have Your NS Pajero available to Test Drive, I think you will do well, but if its Not, you may have a Lot of Sceptics here as many have been Burnt by Overly Optimisic and Expensive Power Tunes. With That kind of Power/Torque Increase I hope you Recommend and Do a Full Engine Check and Service on all vehicles Before Hand? Good Luck with the New Enterprise.
            We always recommend that a cars servicing is up to date before commencing any tune work. Thankfully the vast majority of people who are in the market to tune their car are pretty anal when it comes to maintenance. You do get the rare instance where a car isnt up to scratch.

And you are right. There are plenty of not so trustworthy tuners out there. We like to let our work speak for its self tho which seems to work quite well

Comment

Gareth, do you know if you are able to "write out" the regular DPF burns out of the factory ECU?
              It's a particular bugbear for those of us with NS Pajeros wasting fuel with a DPF burn every 400 km or so.
              Are you using EcuTeK to remap the ECU?
              Regards Andrew.
              2019 MR Triton bog stock at the moment but that will change.

Comment

Originally posted by awill4wd View Post
                Gareth, do you know if you are able to "write out" the regular DPF burns out of the factory ECU?
                It's a particular bugbear for those of us with NS Pajeros wasting fuel with a DPF burn every 400 km or so.
                Are you using EcuTeK to remap the ECU?
                Regards Andrew.
                We are not using EcuTek to tune the ECU no. We will however be working on the DPF burn issue shortly with mine. Ill certainly let the forum no once we have made some progress.

Gareth

Comment

Excellent Gareth, I can see you'll have to make a road trip to Melbourne to keep us NS guys happy here.
                  Regard Andrew.

Comment

Hi Gareth

A good intro & impressive changes so far on NS tune
                    Do I see a torque figure of 750+NM - is this correct?

Cheers
                    DB
                    NX Exceed

Comment

Originally posted by 72yellow View Post
                      Hi Gareth

A good intro & impressive changes so far on NS tune
                      Do I see a torque figure of 750+NM - is this correct?

Cheers
                      DB
                      You also see it claims 'before' torque of 487. From a stock NS. Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by alister View Post
                        You also see it claims 'before' torque of 487. From a stock NS. Hmmm...
                        To everyone, Please don't focus on the actual figures posted. Focus on the % of increase in power and torque from the stock base line figure.

Every Dyno will give different readings but if using the same dyno it is about the % of difference.

Too many people get too focused on the actual peak HP or NM figures. It all about the difference.

In this case very impressive. Mainline Dyno's are the Duck's Guts as far as dyno's go.

Comment

That torque figure is at the rear wheels not the engine. You must look at the percentage difference to see what gains are being made. Transmission / gears and tyres all alter the amount of torque that is read by the dyno.

Cheers

Comment

Gareth, are you increasing fuel rail pressure like many of the chips or are you remapping the Ecu?
                            I'm assuming you've increased boost pressure. If so, what boost pressure are you running now?
                            Have you monitored EGT's during the tune and what EGT's under load is your NS getting now?
                            Regards Andrew.

Comment

If anyone knows tuning shops in Adelaide, you will know that these blokes are one of the best.
                              Gareth, whens the LS going into a Pajero?
                              2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
                              Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
                              2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X