Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ns petrol diesel or nt diesel

Hi all,
    Looking to up grade the triton due to the family expanding.
    Have found some NS and NT on carsales that I am interested in.
    NT diesel Activ
    http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...SE-AD-2402398/
    NS diesel VRX
    http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...SE-AD-2402795/
    NS Petrol Exceed
    http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...SE-AD-2412083/
    NS Petrol VRX
    http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...?Cr=19&sdmvc=1
    Having had the petrol Triton for many years and how I use the 4wd through out the year, I understand the pros and cons of both petrol and diesel trucks.

I like the exceed level even though it is a petrol using 15l per 100km.VRX is well kitted out too. Other than the cracked manifolds and fuel usage, have not read much bad with them.
    Then there is a NS diesel for similar KM but better fuel economy/ torque. However after reading the threads, not confident with the DPF and flashing light issues ect. Having better fuel economy is not much good to you if it keeps going into limp mode and is living at the mechanics.
    Or skip the NS and its issues and get an NT diesel.

Looking for opinions on the NS diesel and the NT diesel. Mechanically the petrols does not seem to have the same issues as the diesels but comes at the fuel cost.

The NT is really going to stretch the budget but maybe the best way to go in the long run.
    Cheers
    Scott
    ------------------------------------------------
    2001 MK V6 GLS Triton, 2.5" exhaust, Custom canopy, IPF spotlights, 40mm lift kit

Scott, are you willing to own a car with a manual gearbox? If yes, then look at an NS as a manual didnt have DPF's. If you need an auto, then go the NT for the diesel.

My preference is a V6. Quiet and smooth, and deliver reasonable power (NS V6 would be heaps better than my 3.5 for power). The 3.8 MIVEC in the Gen 4 is more powerful, yet more efficient than the Gen 3 engines. Have read on here somewhere that 13.5-14 l/100 is an around town average for a Gen 4 V6, but cant confirm.
    Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

I have a manual in the triton but one of the other reasons for the change is an auto so the wife can drive it when we are camping.
      Thanks for your thoughts Bundyk.
      2001 MK V6 GLS Triton, 2.5" exhaust, Custom canopy, IPF spotlights, 40mm lift kit

Comment

When I was looking at a Pajero, i noticed most of the cars in QLD for sale were petrols. Is your fuel cheaper than the rest of us?
        It depends on how many ks you travel, how long are your daily trips/work trips. Diesels not the best for short trips(5-10 mins)
        I would go the Mivec 3.8 as suggested.
        2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
        Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
        2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Johnston View Post
          When I was looking at a Pajero, i noticed most of the cars in QLD for sale were petrols. Is your fuel cheaper than the rest of us?
          It depends on how many ks you travel, how long are your daily trips/work trips. Diesels not the best for short trips(5-10 mins)
          I would go the Mivec 3.8 as suggested.

I currently do not reside in QLD, but did for about 8years, the QLD state government discounted 10% on the fuel exercise. So yes, they use to I don't know about now.
          NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, roof racks otherwise stock as a rock.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
          Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.

Comment

Have you concidered a 04-06 NP Update DiD Auto Exceed, Platinum, Ann, etc ? No DPF or Manifold Issues, Plus you might get one a whole lot cheaper? Still a few around under 200k
            NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

Originally posted by craka View Post
              I currently do not reside in QLD, but did for about 8years, the QLD state government discounted 10% on the fuel exercise. So yes, they use to I don't know about now.
              No discount now.
              NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

I think I will drop the NS for the NT in the diesel range and keep looking at the NS petrols. Work is 10 minutes away and we use the wifes rav4 for around town trips. Having a look this weekend at both models so see how it goes.
                Appreciate everyones input.

Comment

DPF on NS is only really an issue for people who do a lot of round town driving. I get out on the motorway often enough that I don't have any issues with the DPF in my NS.
                  2007 Shogun 3.2DID. UK Diamond Spec. Harrop Eaton front E-locker. MCC Bullbar. Runva 11XP winch. 17" Dotz rims with 32" STT Pro. Koni HT RAID 90 series with +2" EHD Lovells springs. ASFIR protection plates for engine & transmission. DIY steel rocksliders. LRA 81 litre auxiliary fuel tank. Waeco CFX-40. Home made drawers & fridge slide. Dual power - 120a/h AGM with CTEK DC-DC. LED lighting. 43 litre water tank with two electric pumps - one for tap (via filter) & one via heat exchanger.

Comment

NT Update dropped the DPF and made many Improvements, Is this correct? If so, that would be the Diesel Model to get?
                    NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

Exactly hobbo.

Comment

Go the NT diesel. The better economy and consequent extra range are fantastic. The extra torque is very handy too. I've had both petrol and diesel Pajeros and I'd never go back to a petrol. Mitsubishi stopped making them in petrol as well which tells a bit of a story in itself. That NT's got a bullbar and a decent set of AT tyres on it as well.
                        2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

The petrol exceed is now not available. I will have a look at the NT's.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik View Post
                            Go the NT diesel. The better economy and consequent extra range are fantastic. The extra torque is very handy too. I've had both petrol and diesel Pajeros and I'd never go back to a petrol. Mitsubishi stopped making them in petrol as well which tells a bit of a story in itself. That NT's got a bullbar and a decent set of AT tyres on it as well.

I think the Petrol V6 are still made, however they are no longer being imported to Australia.
                            NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, roof racks otherwise stock as a rock.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
                            Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.

Comment

I just looked it up on Wikipedia, and you're spot on Cracka
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Pajero

That makes sense when I think about it as the middle east market seems to be mostly petrols.
                              2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X