Diesel pre filter. Help re- hoses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel pre filter. Help re- hoses.

I have purchased a pre filter with the glass bowl and was looking at Goodsy's
    Picture he posted. My question is how is it tubed up, looks like the small hose from the original filter goes to the new filter in and the out of the new filter goes to the connection under the manifold. Is this correct?

Thanks Paul

Originally posted by gyro64 View Post
    I have purchased a pre filter with the glass bowl and was looking at Goodsy's
    Picture he posted. My question is how is it tubed up, looks like the small hose from the original filter goes to the new filter in and the out of the new filter goes to the connection under the manifold. Is this correct?

Thanks Paul
    Paul, The inlet hose to the original filter goes to the inlet of the new filter, the outlet hose from the new filter goes to the original filter inlet.
    Last connection requires additional piece of hose & clamps & may have to extent original inlet hose.
    PS: Make sure new filter has enough flow rate & not restricted.
    Macca

Comment

Thanks for that.

Paul

Comment

What he said. And believe me they work!

Bad batch of fuel and hard starting a month ago. Opened the drain on the main filter an got nothing but air.

Problem is I checked it last 4000k's ago. No idea where the crap in the fuel came from

Chabnged the Delphi and on my way with a drained tank and new fuel.

I hate to think of other possibilities.

New filter kit on the way. Fuel oil and air. $65 delivered.

Is a primary/ first/ secondary filter worth it?????
        .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
        NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Fuel filter micron rating?

As a pre filter to the original Diesel filter, what micron rating would you use.
          I think i read the original filter was 5 micron. I have seen 2 micron to 30 micron filters available. I have a Fuel Manager 100 series that came with a 2 micron filter fitted. As i wish to buy a spare to take away with me i was wondering if this was too fine and may clog easily.

Any thoughts on this subject!

Cheers Paul

Comment

Mine is a 5 micron but is you want to go lower you can. They cost more and will block up quicker unless you go bigger.
            5 micron is fine I believe. Saved me!
            .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
            NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X