Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare tyre cover electrics

Hi again,

Eagerly awaiting my new reverse camera for the NS and had a look behind the spare tyre cover to figure things out and I noticed an unused connector.
    Picture attached there is a pink, black, brown and white wire on the connector, anyone know what they are for and where they go to?

I am hoping they are for the Mitsu reverse camera and I can tap into them to power the rear camera and hopefully they re emerge somewhere near the head unit?

Any ideas what they are for?
    Attached Files
    One of the last of the 08/09 NS DID GLX off the shelf!
    Cool silver, black factory bullbar (to be replaced) & full tint. 697 LT 265/65/17. NS>NT Upper manifold replacement. MM Towbar, BushSkinz IC & Sump guards, Self made cargo liner. Reverse cam. Bluetooth Aux In.

Originally posted by MTD View Post
    Hi again,

Eagerly awaiting my new reverse camera for the NS and had a look behind the spare tyre cover to figure things out and I noticed an unused connector.
    Picture attached there is a pink, black, brown and white wire on the connector, anyone know what they are for and where they go to?

I am hoping they are for the Mitsu reverse camera and I can tap into them to power the rear camera and hopefully they re emerge somewhere near the head unit?

Any ideas what they are for?
    I played with the factory camera a couple months back, and that does look familiar, but I thought there were 5 wires, not 4?

A wiring diagram from a Russian online service manual is here. Pin-outs didn't seem to match my vehicle, but wire colours seemed right.

Note that, if it is the factory camera wiring, it runs on 6.6V - not 12V.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Thanks for the info!

I was also looking on this site which is a great resource: http://pajero.2de.ru/80/html/M180100300011800ENG.HTM
      pity about the voltage, the wiring cant be too hard, just removing the panels from the rear door will be interesting!
      I wonder if I can get the video signal down two of those wires?
      Cool silver, black factory bullbar (to be replaced) & full tint. 697 LT 265/65/17. NS>NT Upper manifold replacement. MM Towbar, BushSkinz IC & Sump guards, Self made cargo liner. Reverse cam. Bluetooth Aux In.

Comment

Just in case this helps anyone else I will update this thread as I progress with the install.

The plug in the rear is G10 which should have a matching G10 near the head unit so I should be able to get video signal down a pair of these wires after all. I cannot imagine any of the connectors will be live (I will test though) so hopefully I can use it as a cable run, however I might still have to tap into a reverse light to get power to the camera.
        Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X