Ad below navbar

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel alignment (camber adjuster?) stuck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel alignment (camber adjuster?) stuck?

So I got my suspension upgrade done at a very reputable place. Happy with the work done.

But one of the wheel (left rear) could not be adjusted as the pin is supposedly stuck. They say it is corroded tight and despite efforts at loosening it, they could not.

Does anyone have idea on what I could do next? They are saying to leave it as is for now and may need an overhaul (estimated $1000 job) next time.

Is this a common issue? Any other fix?
    Pajero NS Exceed
    Done: HID & LED Driving Lights, Nudge Bar, Bushskinz Bash plates, Roof Rack, UHF, Awning, Bilstein & Lovells 50mm lift, 285/60/18 A/T Tyres, 160W Solar, 120Ah ARK Battery, Waeco CF-50

mate I did see this post below yesterday by a chap who was doing a bunch of upgrades to his pajero.

A discovery that was made by the installer on several Pajeros he has fitted suspension to is that the CAMBER PINS seem to seize up in this series and if you are unlucky enough to have a second tank fitted in the rear it will have to be removed for the pins to be cut out a considerable cost. It is therefore easier to ask the installer or if you do it yourself to remove lubricate very well and replace while you upgrade your suspension.
    2012 Platinum 2 Nudge Bar, Tow Bar, Lightforce spotties, Roof racks, Awning with tent, Dual batteries, UHF, Mickey Thompson ATZs...... More to come

Comment

It is a common problem. Mine was seized on both sides in the rear so consequently I've not yet had my rear wheel aligment done since the suspsension lift - though so far I seem to have gotten away with it, as my rear tyre wear seems even across the tyres.
      2007 Shogun 3.2DID. UK Diamond Spec. Harrop Eaton front E-locker. MCC Bullbar. Runva 11XP winch. 17" Dotz rims with 32" STT Pro. Koni HT RAID 90 series with +2" EHD Lovells springs. ASFIR protection plates for engine & transmission. DIY steel rocksliders. LRA 81 litre auxiliary fuel tank. Waeco CFX-40. Home made drawers & fridge slide. Dual power - 120a/h AGM with CTEK DC-DC. LED lighting. 43 litre water tank with two electric pumps - one for tap (via filter) & one via heat exchanger.

Comment

Yep, rear right on my SWB Paj is seized for the second time. The first time was found when I had the new suspension fitted. They had to drop out the Auxiliary tank and apply extreme force. I have been putting off getting it fixed again, the local TJM shop recommended a visit to a local engineering workshop that deals with some of the V8 race cars. Will probably wait until I see some wear in the tyres.

Bye Jeff.
        NS Pajero SWB R, Diesel, Automatic, BFG AT/KO's, AirTech Snorkel, LRA Auxillary Tank, Dual Batteries, Thule Aerobars & Roof Box.

Comment

i had mine done twice

pedders charged $300 for alignment and camber bolt replacement they cut it out and installed the ones i provided like $20 each from mitsu if yr unlucky you will need new bushes aswell

Comment

I have left front and left rear seized but managed to get some movement out of them and wheel aligner happy but I know I will need to get them out one day
            Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
            New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X