Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "don't drive on bitumen in 4wd"

Cant believe it!
    Our paj is in at the moment getting the problem of it not locking into 4wd looked at.

As you can imagine the mechanic can not get it to fault (it hasnt worked reliably at all for three months - tested every day!).

Aaaany-way. Talking to the machanic he said we shouldnt drive in 4wd (all wheel drive, not 4x4 locked or 4llc) at all due to diff wind up...

I said that thats what super select is for. He said well its your car do what you like... even if mitsubish manual says it can be done.

W T F ???!!

Not sure what he is on about?

Whenever I tow I use AWD mode and in the wet when the tyres were wearing thin

I have read other posts about this and in most cases it was a solenoid that needed replacement.
    One of the last of the 08/09 NS DID GLX off the shelf!
    Cool silver, black factory bullbar (to be replaced) & full tint. 697 LT 265/65/17. NS>NT Upper manifold replacement. MM Towbar, BushSkinz IC & Sump guards, Self made cargo liner. Reverse cam. Bluetooth Aux In.

Comment

Nah he just doesnt understand the Pajero system.

You can run it in 4h on the highway no problems. This mode does not lock the centre diff , so no windup can occur becuase all wheels and axels can turn independantly of each other. in fact you can test this yourself, by jacking one wheel of the ground & running it in 4h, you will find that the wheels on the ground wiil not drive it as all the drive is gloing to the wheel that is off the ground. Then put it in 4hlc or Low & you will find that you should be able to drive it off the jacks

I run both my NL & NP in 4h all the time & havent had any problems with wind up at all.
      NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers

Comment

Yeah I didnt think he knew the system well - problem is - he is the MMA dealer mechanic, and he's the one (trying to) fix the front actuator problem = little faith on my part!!

Comment

If that's his sound advice then I'd be scepticle about his competency to actually work on the vehicle

The vcu allows unequal speeds between front and rear driveshafts, that's what it is designed to do. When front and rear want to spin at at different speeds there is a small amount of strain but this is not windup, it is the vcu fighting split power to get them equal in speed again just like an lsd has strain on a non moving axle when the other is turning, this small amount of strain starts the moment the axles are at unequal speed.
          It's like saying you should not have an lsd if you intend on using the vehicle to turn corners.
          97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
          97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Originally posted by jawk View Post
            Yeah I didnt think he knew the system well - problem is - he is the MMA dealer mechanic, and he's the one (trying to) fix the front actuator problem = little faith on my part!!
            Which dealer...
            One of the last of the 08/09 NS DID GLX off the shelf!
            Cool silver, black factory bullbar (to be replaced) & full tint. 697 LT 265/65/17. NS>NT Upper manifold replacement. MM Towbar, BushSkinz IC & Sump guards, Self made cargo liner. Reverse cam. Bluetooth Aux In.

Comment

You should be peleased he cant find a fault, otherwise he might start working on your car. Time to find another dealer I think.....
              2013 NW GLX-R Factory Locker, TC mod,Dual Battery, 240V inverter, Anderson Plug, Fire Extinguisher. GME TX3500 UHF Radio, MM Alloy Bar, ORU 12000lb Winch,EGR mod, Fancy wheels, 33" Pirelli ATR Tyres, LRA Aux tank, Custom bash plates & Rock sliders, Ultra Gauge, ARB Compressor, LED Light bar, little mods around the cabin. Kings Std Ratecoils & Ultimate Shocks, Firestone HP airbags, Airteck Snorkel, Hema 6. Towing: Starcraft outback

Comment

I'd suggest you let the dealer management know

Gus.

P.S. Glad to see you haven't named the dealer too for whatever reason always give management the chance to educate/ fix
                VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Originally posted by Gus View Post
                  I'd suggest you let the dealer management know

Gus.

P.S. Glad to see you haven't named the dealer too for whatever reason always give management the chance to educate/ fix

WHY is it that a MM dealer cant be named just wondering because it not a problem on other forums . Hell I wish I had been warned about Castle Hill Subaru service center

Comment

Shaming a dealer because one mechanic in the mechanical workshop is not good practice.
                    Just because one mechanic does not understand the 4 wheel drive system of the Pajero a whole dealership should not be tarnished.

Maybe there was confusion in the conversation and maybe if the mechanic does not understand the super select system a friendly chat to the boss could sort things out quickly and the mechanic could be dealt with internally. Whether a training season or what ever.

Why people want to shame whole dealerships over something so trivial is beyond me. Give them a chance first.
                    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Why not ? They gladly take your money for the time wasted by the incompetent. If the mech. is unqualified he should not be working unsupervised. What happens when he doesn't understand the brake system .?
                      MY05 Exceed Di-D Auto, TuneIt chip, Turbo Timer, Aux.Trans cooler, Low Water Alarm, 20" Light bar, Bilsteins, H/D rear springs, B/Stone D697 L/T tyres, TPMS, MCC Alloy Bar,+90Narva H/L globes, Roof Console w/-GME 3340 uhf.Magellen GPS & Hema Hn6,Ark battery box w/-135a/h GEL, 60Lt FridgeMate,100W Solar, Ctec Dc-DC charger, Rola Aero Bars, UpTop Awning, Wheelie Bin, WetSeat covers, Crash cam.
                      Towing. '00 Gazal Infinity ATV 18' Caravan.
                      http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-metric/93405.png

Comment

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                        Shaming a dealer because one mechanic in the mechanical workshop is not good practice.
                        Just because one mechanic does not understand the 4 wheel drive system of the Pajero a whole dealership should not be tarnished.

Maybe there was confusion in the conversation and maybe if the mechanic does not understand the super select system a friendly chat to the boss could sort things out quickly and the mechanic could be dealt with internally. Whether a training season or what ever.

Why people want to shame whole dealerships over something so trivial is beyond me. Give them a chance first.

I wasn't just referring to this post but I see it often on this forum that its wrong to name and shame a MM dealer

Comment

Because there are always 2 sides to every story and the only one side is typed out here for the world to see.

Unless the dealer has been totally incompetent or has not acknowledged and rectified their faults I see no benefit in naming and shaming so early on.

Wrexy if they stuffed you brakes and left you with an unsafe car that would fall into the incompetent range. Shame shame shame.

I could explain what I mean so much easier face to face.
                          .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                          NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

MMAL Staff read this forum guys.
                            16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
                            10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Originally posted by psproule View Post
                              MMAL Staff read this forum guys.

Is there a problem with that ? I hope the dealer that's near a big horse race track is reading this because I don't like paying $120 a hour for a first year apprentice and a customer liaison officer (bloke on the counter ) who wanted to argue with me that my 4b wasn't under warranty because I had it serviced outside

Comment

Working...
                              X