X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal?

Is this normal on an auto NS diesel?

Turn on ignition to ON
    Wait for beeping to stop and open drivers window.
    When window is open engage reverse and listen.

Do you hear a short buzzing noise from under the hood approx 3-4 seconds?
    Sounds like it is coming from around the ABS unit?

Keen to hear if this is normal or not.

Cheers
    Mark
    One of the last of the 08/09 NS DID GLX off the shelf!
    Cool silver, black factory bullbar (to be replaced) & full tint. 697 LT 265/65/17. NS>NT Upper manifold replacement. MM Towbar, BushSkinz IC & Sump guards, Self made cargo liner. Reverse cam. Bluetooth Aux In.

The ABS unit is hydraulically operated. The buzzing you're hearing is the small electric motor pumping up hydraulic pressure into the accumulator. Quite normal for it to run for 10-20 seconds or so on start up in the morning.
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Thanks John,

I only hear it when I select reverse, engine running or not.

The reason I asked is I had never heard it before and I fitted a rear view camera on the weekend, and during testing, with the engine off and a few shifts from park to reverse I heard the sound and thought a relay was stressing out.

I tapped into the driver side reverse light power (after looking for it for about 3 hours) under the lower 3rd seat belt reel!
      Cool silver, black factory bullbar (to be replaced) & full tint. 697 LT 265/65/17. NS>NT Upper manifold replacement. MM Towbar, BushSkinz IC & Sump guards, Self made cargo liner. Reverse cam. Bluetooth Aux In.

Comment

Originally posted by MTD View Post
        Turn on ignition to ON
        Wait for beeping to stop and open drivers window.
        Slightly OT, but there are fixes for both the beeping and the need to turn the ignition on the open the windows:

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=8083
        http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=15505

Two of the best mods done to my NS.
        The Car: 2007 V6 Exceed. ARB bullbar, LRA aux tank, Rhino Platform, Hankook A/T's, Lovells/Bilsteins, Polyairs, Dual batts, XXX HID spotties, Light bar, Abber water tank, Bushskinz. Still to come: Snorkel, winch & tidy up wiring.

The Camper: 2016 Patriot X1 Limited Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Tate1984 View Post
          Slightly OT, but there are fixes for both the beeping and the need to turn the ignition on the open the windows:

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=8083
          http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=15505

Two of the best mods done to my NS.
          Nice one Tate!

I will leave the window mod for now as my boy cant keep his fingers off buttons and will more than likely do himself an injury

I definitely need to shut that seat buzzer up though - pain in the butt when camping etc... I guess there is another under the passenger seat because when I put a full camleback on it beeps and drives me nuts!

Comment

One for each seat. 10 second fix. Mine are done. Drove me nuts.
            I wear my seat belt and feel naked without it. But if I'm messing around of just sitting with the ac on ( PJ in park) I don't need that chime!
            .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
            NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

We have a manual NS GLX. Yes to the buzzing under the bonnet but it happens as soon as ignition is ON.

No to the beep. Is that because I am have the cheap model?
              07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

Yep I get all the regular buzzes when turning the key to on, but when I select reverse (to test the rear view camera) I hear a buzz from around the ABS unit.

Perhaps ABS is deactivated when selecting R and that is what the buzz is?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X