Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aux in on GLX Head unit and Mute wire

Hi again,

On the GLX head unit (Radio / CD) I am looking to install an Aux in connector, but there is nothing obvious to connect to.

Does anyone know the pin outs for the connectors at the back of the radio?
    I have looked here which is a good resource http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=7515
    but I need to figure out what all of the pin outs are for so I can add L / R common and hopefully there is a mute wire for use with a mobile "car kit".

Thanks again!
    One of the last of the 08/09 NS DID GLX off the shelf!
    Cool silver, black factory bullbar (to be replaced) & full tint. 697 LT 265/65/17. NS>NT Upper manifold replacement. MM Towbar, BushSkinz IC & Sump guards, Self made cargo liner. Reverse cam. Bluetooth Aux In.

See here...

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=27006

Not sure on the mute though.
    07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

Thanks Axis.

To cut a long story short I bought a rear view mirror with reversing camera which replaces the basic NS GLX mirror. When unboxing it I noticed it has built in bluetooth with L & R RCA connectors to connect to the head unit so incoming calls and music can be heard through the stereo. It also has a mute cable which I am interested in fitting (just because it is there)

Last night (YAWN) I searched the web for info on the mute wire and found the attached info with a pin out diagram for both types of the Paj head unit.

Thanks again to this forum I have got the info for the Aux In wiring to which I will add a 3.5mm input as well as the mirror L & R connectors to maximize my options.
      I will have a go at connecting it all up on the weekend

Hopefully this info will help others doing similar things...
      Attached Files
      Cool silver, black factory bullbar (to be replaced) & full tint. 697 LT 265/65/17. NS>NT Upper manifold replacement. MM Towbar, BushSkinz IC & Sump guards, Self made cargo liner. Reverse cam. Bluetooth Aux In.

Comment

Thanks to the link Axis provided I tapped into the 3 wires on the 18 pin connector with some shielded audio cable and a few bits and pieces from Jaycar.

All up the solution was under $10 which I mounted to one of the Blower / AC mounts so it is hidden but still easy to get to if you need to plug something in above the left kickboard / trim.
        Extension line in cables can be run to the middle arm rest an hidden under the trim.

I have included some pics for others if you are keen to fiddle
        Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X