Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS petrol - tyres and service costs

Hi All,

A bit of info on servicing and tyre costs for my NS VRX petrol.

Just had a major service including all fluids, filters, spark plugs and timing belt. Parts came to $580, fluids $150 and labour $500. I'm ok with that. As you can probably tell this wasn't done by a dealer.

Also recently replaced my Cooper Discoverer H/T LT 18" tyres (we do minimal off-roading) and Tempe Tyres did it for $1060 including alignments (and no nitrogen...). The best price I could find here in Canberra was $1300.

It's always just before xmas that spending like this is required!

How many kms was the service for?

Comment

We had the engine replaced @45k. So the engine has done 90k and the rest of the car has done 135k.

Comment

Originally posted by AGOR View Post
        Hi All,

A bit of info on servicing and tyre costs for my NS VRX petrol.

Just had a major service including all fluids, filters, spark plugs and timing belt. Parts came to $580, fluids $150 and labour $500. I'm ok with that. As you can probably tell this wasn't done by a dealer.

Also recently replaced my Cooper Discoverer H/T LT 18" tyres (we do minimal off-roading) and Tempe Tyres did it for $1060 including alignments (and no nitrogen...). The best price I could find here in Canberra was $1300.

It's always just before xmas that spending like this is required!

Engine, gearbox, two diffs, transfer case, flush cooling system, flush brake fluid and power steering.

Sorry mate but the price for fluids seems way to cheap for that to be done. If it's an auto it's impossible.

Comment

No brake or power steering fluid (these have been done earlier) but all others done.

That's what they charged and I trust them. I'll check the list of fluids tonight.

Comment

Might be worth checking the type of oil if you have a DPF, not a good idea putting cheap stuff in a NS.

Cause that does sound cheap!
            NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneman View Post
              Might be worth checking the type of oil if you have a DPF, not a good idea putting cheap stuff in a NS.

Petrols dont have a DPF
              NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

Why was the engine replaced?
                Pajero NS Exceed
                Done: HID & LED Driving Lights, Nudge Bar, Bushskinz Bash plates, Roof Rack, UHF, Awning, Bilstein & Lovells 50mm lift, 285/60/18 A/T Tyres, 160W Solar, 120Ah ARK Battery, Waeco CF-50

Comment

Not a good idea to put cheap stuff in anything.

Anyone tried K-Mart recycled oil?

Comment

Yes and they don't have spark plugs

I still agree, sounds cheap from my experience
                    NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

Yes and they don't have spark plugs

I still agree, sounds cheap from my experience
                      Ya dick.

Fluids sound way to cheap to me also. What was replaced and with what?
                      .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                      NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Economy

Just out of interest mate what sort of fuel economy do you get out of yours mines sitting around 18-21L per 100

Comment

OK - attached is the info - they use Fuchs oils and lubricants. Certainly not a 'K-Mart' brand.

The engine was replaced when the oil filter o-ring split and it lost its lubrication down the freeway. Engine still ran but to be safe they (and the filter supplier) came to an agreement to replace the engine with one from a wreck. This was a few years ago and the replacement hasn't missed a beat.

Around town I get at least 550kms per tank and more than 600 on the highway (when not towing the boat or camper trailer). 13-14l / 100 k if my maths is right.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X