Little things that stuff a good day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little things that stuff a good day

Apart form a few other little things the truck has been running #$%^&*( especially when I put my foot down . Just after lunch today I was about to remove the butterfly in the PJ's throttle body after fitting a full EGR plate when I found this FINGER tight hose clamp Merry Christmas and thank you from my heart to MM idiot that worked on my last service he/she should be shot dead or get a job fixing gate posts in the Simpson Desert

I cant name ""dealers names" especially those on the North Side but rest assure I will never step into a MM service department again. Attention to any detail is something MM seems to lack but they are happy to charge you $10 for rags

Its now a 80k return trip to purchase a clamp and before you ask the truck has a 100% MM service record so god knows what else is wrong

Last edited by lizard; 15-12-13, 01:44 PM.

Not sure why people keep going to dealers ? Most pay peanuts and when you pay peanuts ................ ??
    Find a good private mech ............... one that if you don't come back effects his pocket the guy that works on your car at the dealers probably couldn't give a hoot if your happy or not as he still picks up his same pay packet either way.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard View Post

I cant name ""dealers names" especially those on the North Side but rest assure I will never step into a MM service department again.
      As you don't have a location in your profile, northside of where?
      NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
      Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

You're safe

Comment

looks like that clamp has been over tightened causing it to come lose.
          NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

I remember when I was a kid hose clamps rarely failed, but these days!!!!, I have a mate who replaces every clamp with new one when they remove them because of this very reason, not worth the Risk.
            NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

there are different brand names with these hose clamps, so don,t go for the cheap ones.
              NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin View Post
                there are different brand names with these hose clamps, so don,t go for the cheap ones.
                And the pic shows it is indeed the cheap clamp variety. That type of clamp will cut into your hose too. Supplied by MM? Tut Tut. MM should mail you a proper replacement clamp and save you the 80k round trip. Give them a call then send pic of clamp. It is the season of good will...right?
                99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.

Comment

Originally posted by MTN-KAT View Post
                  And the pic shows it is indeed the cheap clamp variety. That type of clamp will cut into your hose too. Supplied by MM? Tut Tut. MM should mail you a proper replacement clamp and save you the 80k round trip. Give them a call then send pic of clamp. It is the season of good will...right?

I checked the clamp against my friends NS and its exactly the same

""CHEAP""

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X