• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD, camera stereo etc

Anyone had anything like these put in their Paj'

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISH...item2a2d49a32d

Or any experience with this mob?

Having connected a iPod cable to my stereo, fitting this would take approx an hour. Running the camera cable would be extra.

It all depends on the functionality of the head unit. Cheaper units tend to be 'clunky' in their operation - slow to respond to touch inputs etc.

But a simple conversion if you do buy it I reckon.

Comment

decided on a pioneer AVH-X3500dab with a double din fascia and rear camera.

Nearly all the capabilities (not GPS) and bought at the local shop so I can have a sook when something goes wrong !!

about $565 all up - plus my time fitting!

Comment

Nice unit and Good price!

A quick Heads Up if you need to tap into the reverse light power (for rear camera power).
        It took me ages to find it as it is hidden between the outer steel panel and inner steel panel (drivers side) near the seat belt reel in the cargo area which I removed for easy access.
        The cable also changes colour at the connector between the bulb and the rear light cluster loom that heads back to the front of the vehicle!

I used a wiretap to hook into the reverse light power cable See figure 4 on this site http://www.narva.com.au/products/bro...inerswire-taps Just ensure the tap closes tightly and the clip is secure....I had this issue and thought the camera was a dud!

Good luck with the install
        One of the last of the 08/09 NS DID GLX off the shelf!
        Cool silver, black factory bullbar (to be replaced) & full tint. 697 LT 265/65/17. NS>NT Upper manifold replacement. MM Towbar, BushSkinz IC & Sump guards, Self made cargo liner. Reverse cam. Bluetooth Aux In.

Comment

Big thanks for that - the reverse has enough power to crank up the camera no worries then?

Originally posted by MTD View Post
          Nice unit and Good price!

A quick Heads Up if you need to tap into the reverse light power (for rear camera power).
          It took me ages to find it as it is hidden between the outer steel panel and inner steel panel (drivers side) near the seat belt reel in the cargo area which I removed for easy access.
          The cable also changes colour at the connector between the bulb and the rear light cluster loom that heads back to the front of the vehicle!

I used a wiretap to hook into the reverse light power cable See figure 4 on this site http://www.narva.com.au/products/bro...inerswire-taps Just ensure the tap closes tightly and the clip is secure....I had this issue and thought the camera was a dud!

Good luck with the install

Comment

Originally posted by jawk View Post
            Big thanks for that - the reverse has enough power to crank up the camera no worries then?
            I doubt it but it does need a voltage to tell it when you are in reverse.
            2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

I bought one of these units from a fellow forumite EXTNIX, an ex-demo unit of his.

Installation was relatively straightforward, with the correct tools for pulling apart the dash.

Observations:
              • software is a little clunky
              • it doesn't download a phone book
              • the Bluetooth mic is inbuilt only
              • ipod cable doesn't charge
              • software for reading the SD card is dreadful
              • GPS seems to take a long time to find satellites & lock, but seems to keep the lock OK
              • mine came with a CANbus adaptor that supplies the "ACC" signal, which would reset when turning the engine off, causing the unit to reset and kick me out of OziExplorer. I re-wired it to provide a hardwired "ACC" signal, and it now hangs on to Ozi when I turn the engine off, and re-start again.

I managed to integrate the factory camera, but only because I'm a glutton for punishment. It works acceptably, but I probably would've been better off installing the separate camera.

There's another version floating around with what looks like better software.
              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X