Anyone found an aux. battery bracket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone found an aux. battery bracket?

Before I start cutting and bending has anyone found one that fits the NS?
    NS oil burner shorty

Sure have!!
    Piranna 4x4 in Bayswater VIC have them.
    Its the same one as the NP but the bolt holes in the NP and NS must be the same as it lines up perfectally. From memory is was about $130
    NS 3.2L Diesel Black Shortie
    Nudge Bar, Roof Rack, Piranha Duel Battery System, Uniden UH015sx UHF, Hella Rallye 4000 Lights, LRA Aux Tank, ARB High Output Compressor, BFG Mudies (Occasionally)

Comment

Yep Piranha.
      We just swapped our NM holder to the NS and dropped in like a glove. In a diesel so lots more room around it to work and set up connections.
      Rusty
      2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.
      Concept caravan, Autofridge 40L Fridge, Waeco CF18 Fridge/Freezer,
      2008 CJ Lancer VR Sportsback with a few little extras

Comment

Thanks guys - I'll drop past them on Saturday to pick one up
        NS oil burner shorty

Comment

anyone got a pic please
          SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Don't have any pics of the holder but here are some pics of my NP with the battery in place
            http://members.optusnet.com.au/~bretthar/batt1.jpg
            http://members.optusnet.com.au/~bretthar/batt2.jpg

Comment

NS Petrol Carbon Canister

Just to revisit this thread, has anyone have pics of where they have located the Carbon Canister for a dual battery setup in a petrol ns??
              The Piranha kit talks about moving to the opposite site however i am buggered if i can find a spot where it fits on the drivers side.

Best i have found is adjacent to its original position on the firewall however it is directly above the engine and i am wondering if the heat would effect the canister.

Anyone have ideas of pics on how they have done it???

Thanks
              Jason
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's a pic of the one I fitted before the battery went in (NS DiD). Removing the plastic wheel arch guard and putting the bolt through is a bit fiddly. If you are getting someone else to fit your battery system and want to save a couple of $'s it may be worth fitting the tray yourself.
                Attached Files
                NS oil burner shorty

Comment

I noticed a piece in the Nov 4x4 Australia that said TJM now had one for the NS to fit a 10" battery.
                  Yellowfin
                  NS SWB R DiD - B/stone D694's, BushSkinz plates, LRA aux tank(65L), custom Milford barrier, MM rear bar, Kingsley steps, Rhino HD bars & platfrom, Icom UHF, VMS 500 GPS ,Alpine X001 & Focals
                  Toyota LC200 TD V8
                  - MT ATZ's, ARB Deluxe Bar, Lighforce 170's, GME TX3340 UHF, Lovells Sus & GVM upgrade, Lone Ranger fuel & water tank, pump & tap, Kaymar wheel carrier, Milford barrier, ARB dual battery, custom fridge cage w BW slide, Rhino HD bars & platform

Comment

Yep, that is right. Have a look here

http://www.tjm.com.au/Portals/0/xmod...jerobframe.pdf
                    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                    1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

I plan to do the whole install myself, however finding a spot for the carbon canister in a petrol NS is starting to be beyond me. Maybe i need a few more beers and the answer will come to me in a second.

Cheers
                      Jason.

Comment

ARB also have one. Getting their Dual Battery System installed next week. From my bit of research, TJM, ARB, Piranha, Opposite lock all have them. They were all around the $140 mark.
                        2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

Hi Jason,

I mounted the canister in my NP to the side of the battery tray, much the same position you have used in the NS. Initially I wondered about heat from the engine, but did not have any issues with that location (This was before the LPG conversion, then had to move everything)
                          Pajero MY05 Exceed, DVD / (infamous) Sat Nav, Petrol / Injected LPG, alloy bull bar, Blue Tongue compressor, Pirahna dual battery system, Cibie Oscar SC driving lights, UHF, Next G car kit, Waeco FF40, set Cooper ST's, cargo barrier and polyairs.

Comment

Working...
                          X