Door Seals Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Seals Leak

Just wondering if anybody else has come across doors seals that leak while going though bog holes and river crossings?

This happened to me on the weekend after going through the 1st bog hole for the trip. When I opened my door to get out of the car (on dry ground!) I noticed that the carpert was wet near the seat belt/rear of seat. This didn't happen to any other NS's that were on the trip, though they were all LWB (mine was the only shortie) so I am not sure if this is just a shortie thing.

I took it down to the dealer this arvo and he said that they were attached correctly which I though was weird as they are only glued about every 10-15cm along the bottom of the door. (Will be interested to see if the LWB is the same).
    The service guy also pulled a page from some manual with a pic of a paj going through what looked like a purpose built test river crossing. The thing that caught my eye on this page was a little note at the bottom saying that anything above 50cm will cause flooding in the car. Kind of interesting since there was a graph on this page showing speed vs depth that seem to suggest that anything up to 70cm was ok.
    NS 3.2L Diesel Black Shortie
    Nudge Bar, Roof Rack, Piranha Duel Battery System, Uniden UH015sx UHF, Hella Rallye 4000 Lights, LRA Aux Tank, ARB High Output Compressor, BFG Mudies (Occasionally)

Fudggie , the door may need to be adjusted to tighten up the gap between the apature and the door seal. My NS has an air leak in the top of the door near the top seat belt anchor and it drives me nuts on the freeway.
    2007 NS VRX PAJERO Di-D , AUTO , FAMILY PACK , HD TOW PACK

Comment

I have done a few river crossings and no leaks apparent. LWB though.
      2007 NS Pajero LWB, Tow pack, FP, 18" rims. A great family adventure car.

Comment

Originally posted by WALLYBURGER View Post
        Fudggie , the door may need to be adjusted to tighten up the gap between the apature and the door seal. My NS has an air leak in the top of the door near the top seat belt anchor and it drives me nuts on the freeway.
        Hi Wallyburger,

I had a similar problem with my NP. The front passengers side door strike plate (I think that is what it is called) on the B-pillar was not adjusted property, leaving the door protruding about 3 mm when fully closed. There was noticably more wind noise! I adjusted the strike plate and problem solved. Much quieter!
        Last edited by linou; 04-08-07, 10:13 AM. Reason: To add a smilie
        Pajero MY05 Exceed, DVD / (infamous) Sat Nav, Petrol / Injected LPG, alloy bull bar, Blue Tongue compressor, Pirahna dual battery system, Cibie Oscar SC driving lights, UHF, Next G car kit, Waeco FF40, set Cooper ST's, cargo barrier and polyairs.

Comment

HI linou , Sometimes the door strikers have to be adjusted as the new door rubbers wear in and the clearances need to be taken up later.Get the dealer to do it - if it`s still under warranty.
          2007 NS VRX PAJERO Di-D , AUTO , FAMILY PACK , HD TOW PACK

Comment

Originally posted by Fudggie View Post
            The thing that caught my eye on this page was a little note at the bottom saying that anything above 50cm will cause flooding in the car. Kind of interesting since there was a graph on this page showing speed vs depth that seem to suggest that anything up to 70cm was ok.
            Fudggie, they are (at least the LWB is) warrantied up to a 700mm fording depth so should stay dry unless you park in the water for a while. Definitely worth another call to your service centre to get rectified.
            2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X