Rear Separation Net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Separation Net

Has anyone got the MM Rear Separation Net? What are they like? Do they provide a decent screen above the 2nd row seats?

Have been looking at cargo barriers but I want to be able to still fold the 2nd row seats forward to carry longer objects if needed.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers, Sam.
    2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

I tried to get one for the Exceed - dealer wold not fit due to the side air bags....
    NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

It took 5 months for a rear-separation net to be installed in my VRX(FP).
      The fitting including a replacement of the interior roof lining and a window quarter panel, due to the measure once, drill twice policy of my MM dealer. The net is flimsy, eliminates 1/3 of the cargo space and only fits to just above the seat head rests. It is virtually useless. I cannot believe that MM could design it so badly.

The main issue is that the top horizontal bar is simply spring loaded to expand into two window mounted (and ugly) clips. No one at MM or the dealer knows what the lower window clips are for. The spring loading of the top bar means that any slight load on the bar is enough to release it. Even tightening the tension straps (to the floor clips) easily frees the bar. I would hate to have it underload in an accident, the net would do nothing.

Steve (slightly pissed at the futility of the whole rear-separation net exercise).
      NS Dec06 VRX DiD FP

Comment

Could not agree more with Steve G - also still waiting for MM to replace whole roof liner which they destroyed putting in this completely useless barrier - took it in to have replaced and then got call at end of day that after removing the damaged roof liner they then opened box from Japan and found it was a bonnet liner!!!!
        Go figure
        Yellowfin(fellow separation net accident victim) - NS DiD Exceed
        Yellowfin
        NS SWB R DiD - B/stone D694's, BushSkinz plates, LRA aux tank(65L), custom Milford barrier, MM rear bar, Kingsley steps, Rhino HD bars & platfrom, Icom UHF, VMS 500 GPS ,Alpine X001 & Focals
        Toyota LC200 TD V8
        - MT ATZ's, ARB Deluxe Bar, Lighforce 170's, GME TX3340 UHF, Lovells Sus & GVM upgrade, Lone Ranger fuel & water tank, pump & tap, Kaymar wheel carrier, Milford barrier, ARB dual battery, custom fridge cage w BW slide, Rhino HD bars & platform

Comment

Sam definately is a waste of money. Might be okay to seperate a dog from the back seat passengers but as a cargo barrier don't even bother!!
          Fortunately we did not have the roof lining damage like the above posts on installing, however our net fell off after only a couple of days and we haven't bothered to put it back up.

Comment

Although I have not had the separation net (and drive an NP) I do have a cargo barrier. With a small child sitting in the back of the Paj, it provides a great sense of security. Held in by 4 thumb screws, two at the top and two at the botton and can be easliy removed in about 10 minutes.

The barrier also has a perspex hinged lift up panel in above the middle seat. It opens toward the rear of the Paj allowing small items to be placed in the cargo area from the cabin. Longer items such as timber ect. can be fed through the opening.
            Pajero MY05 Exceed, DVD / (infamous) Sat Nav, Petrol / Injected LPG, alloy bull bar, Blue Tongue compressor, Pirahna dual battery system, Cibie Oscar SC driving lights, UHF, Next G car kit, Waeco FF40, set Cooper ST's, cargo barrier and polyairs.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Looks like I'm best off getting a proper barrier.

Cheers, Sam.

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

For some rough trips last year we bought a generic cargo net that goes over the luggage in the back and ties down to the holders with 3 adjustable ratchet belts.
                Yep a bit of bother if you want to access something on the run but really it was just a minute or two at the start and end of each day to adjust the load, position the net and tighten down.
                The fridge sits in the second row seats so that is always accessible.
                We leave the front tie downs attached and just loosen the back one to access the Everkool or other stuff.
                Worked like a charm down the Canning.
                Rusty
                2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.
                Concept caravan, Autofridge 40L Fridge, Waeco CF18 Fridge/Freezer,
                2008 CJ Lancer VR Sportsback with a few little extras

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                  For some rough trips last year we bought a generic cargo net that goes over the luggage in the back and ties down to the holders with 3 adjustable ratchet belts.
                  Good idea, I'll investigate this to see if it'll work for our setup. I've built a false floor and drawer in the back so might be a bit hard but will have a look.

Comment

Just wanting an update from any net owners - Im wondering if I should cancel it off the order before the vehicle arrives??

Cheers
                    Gary

Comment

I wouldn't bother having a net installed, unless MM have redesigned it. Otherwise, as one poster said, you may just as well use gladwrap, they are both equally as effective.

Steve.
                      NS Dec06 VRX DiD FP

Comment

Originally posted by jawk View Post
                        Just wanting an update from any net owners - Im wondering if I should cancel it off the order before the vehicle arrives??

Cheers
                        Gary
                        My one came with car but I removed it straight away. From memory it didn't take much force to pull it down, so I do question the validity of the unit. But I'll give it a quick test tonight.

Comment

Ok i just tested it out.

It looks flimsy and when you pull it down or toward the rear door, is folds like a deck of cards. But when you pull the net towards the 2nd row of seats it doesn't move at all. I guess that's how it's designed to work.

In future, i'll be using it for all camping trips to stop stuff flying over the 2nd row of seats in an emergency. And i'd be confident that it would do the job.

If one didn't come with my car, i doubt i'd buy it, because the steel cage is so much better.

Comment

Thanks NS Exceed,
                            Sounds like it does do something - the dealer is looking into its design brief and letting me know (with the view to deleting it from the order if no good - put the $$ toward a cargo barrier - if i understand it right cargo barriers are easy to remove when required...)

Cheers
                            Gary

Comment

Has anyone bought or looked into the Milford Cargo Net? Are these any better??

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X