Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towbar Clearance on NS

HI All,

Anyone had experience with using the towbar hitch on the NS LWB (even with the spare wheel lift kit)?

I've had it mentioned that there is still a problem with opening the back door and clearing the hitch on a van.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Dennis.

clearance

top of the tow ball to bottom of the tyre is 15.5cm

clears my boat trailer perfectly, it would depend on the hight of your hitch

Comment

Thanks skvm,

If you have the lift kit, does it lift the bottom of the spare wheel to level with the bottom of the door?

Dennis.

Comment

Dennis
        We have no lift kit on the spare wheel. Our camper uses a Treg hitch and the door and wheel clears the hitch easily. In fact the back door opens further than the NM did-- which surprised me.
        However with the 6x4 garden trailer it hit the handle on the hitch, but even if the tyre cleared it I reckon the door would hit it anyway.
        Ours has the "sticky out" tongue but while at the dealers their test Paj has a tongue that drops away at right angles to the tow bar and the height can be adjusted. I thought this looked OK and might give more options.
        Rusty
        2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.
        Concept caravan, Autofridge 40L Fridge, Waeco CF18 Fridge/Freezer,
        2008 CJ Lancer VR Sportsback with a few little extras

Comment

We use a TREG hitch as well and no dramas there.
          My box trailer also gives no problem with opening the door although that depends on how level the ground is.
          I have the spare wheel lifter kit installed.

Cheers
          Mitsubishi Pajero Platinum LWB Diesel 2012 towing AVAN Caravan the Liam 18ft adventure pack with ALKO AKS3004 coupling.

Comment

Hi,
            Have the lift kit fitted and the tyre is roughly 10 to 15mm still below the bottom of the rear door.
            Redards from Col
            NS TD Exceed, Long Range Fuel Tank (115 lts), 50mm lift, HD King Springs Bilstein Shockers, ARB Deluxe Bullbar colour coded with Winch, HD Towbar, ROH RTX 17" Rims, Cooper S/T Maxx 265/70/17, Dual Batteries, Safari Snorkle and Diff breathers, Tyre Dog monitoring system, Magellan XL Explorist GPS, GME Personal Locating Beacon with GPS, Uniden UHF, Prodigy Break Controller, Reversing Camera, Updated Security Alarm System. Scangauge + Chipit Chip etc and no DPF!.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X