No TJM bullbars until November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No TJM bullbars until November

Just got off the phone with TJM. No bars available until November at the earliest it seems. That leaves us with four options: factory, smartbar, arb or the ecb 'bumper over' jobbie.

Anyone know if ARB plan to do a Sahara bar?

I am going to the Flinders in September and wanted a bar fitted before then. It looks as though the ARB deluxe bar colour coded may have to be the go.
    Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Getting the ARB put on tomorrow so I'll post some pics.
    Cheers,
    Rob

2007 NS VRX DID Auto - ARB Bullbar, Dual Deep Cycle Batteries, Nightstalker HID's, Family Pack, Tow Bar & Lift, Illuminated Side-Steps, Bluetooth, Neoprene Seat Covers, Mio Digiwalker C520 GPS.
    1989 NG EXE Tdi Manual - Cooper ATR's on 16x8 Sunraysia's, Tough Dog 2" Lift

Comment

Awesome. I'd be interested to know how much the extra weight will effect the handling of the car. Are you getting it colour coded?
      I'd also be interested as to what driving lights it will enable you to take - I wanted to put a pair of Cibie Super Oscars in there.

One other question, how much did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking?
      Last edited by Schniff; 01-08-07, 07:31 PM.
      Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

I ordered it colour coded but when they rang to confirm they said it wasn't. Last one in QLD apparantly . They said that they coul paint it for me but it could take 2 weeks. I'm happy for it not to be though as it gives me an extra $220 from the financial controller to spend on something else. I think the black will go with the gunmetal grey pretty good.

I'm planning on putting my Nightstalker HID's from my old truck onto the new bar. Only problem with them is that they melt the road...........
        Cheers,
        Rob

2007 NS VRX DID Auto - ARB Bullbar, Dual Deep Cycle Batteries, Nightstalker HID's, Family Pack, Tow Bar & Lift, Illuminated Side-Steps, Bluetooth, Neoprene Seat Covers, Mio Digiwalker C520 GPS.

Comment

I've heard that a portion of the OEM bumper would have to be cut to be able to fit the ARB bar. If this is true, can you post some pics of the cut bumper? thanks.

Comment

boybi, that is true. To see, have a look at the thread "anyone have pics of arb bullbar" thread. Once it goes on, it ain't coming off!!

Comment

Originally posted by Schniff View Post
              boybi, that is true. To see, have a look at the thread "anyone have pics of arb bullbar" thread. Once it goes on, it ain't coming off!!
              I was the one who posted one of the pic, but I would like to see the portions being cut out.

Comment

After 6 hours in the waiting lounge the ARB bullbar was on!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	950807

I'm really happy with it. I think it looks great with the black against the gunmetal grey.

Name:	Side High.JPG
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	950810

I'm very happy with the lights through the bar

Name:	Lights.JPG
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	950808

The cuts are neat. This is at the side where they took the front of the wheel arch off.

Name:	Side cut close up.JPG
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	950809

This is from underneath the passenger side wheel arch. Underneath the two bolts is where they cut it.

Name:	Under cut.JPG
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	950811

Can't wait to get the spotties on!

EDIT - Just checked my post. The piccies are awful sorry. Will get some better ones on weekend.
                Last edited by NS Rob; 02-08-07, 07:30 PM.
                Cheers,
                Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Schniff View Post
                  Just got off the phone with TJM. No bars available until November at the earliest it seems. That leaves us with four options: factory, smartbar, arb or the ecb 'bumper over' jobbie.

Anyone know if ARB plan to do a Sahara bar?

I am going to the Flinders in September and wanted a bar fitted before then. It looks as though the ARB deluxe bar colour coded may have to be the go.
                  I got a e-mail back from TJM and the bar is getting air bag tested, if it pass's it will go in to production so there will be a fair wait.

Allan

quote :

>
                  Allan
                  The Bullbar for the NS is currently at airbag testing in SA. It should be back later this week, early next week if all goes well we can then put it into production normally about six weeks to get product on the shelf. The snorkel will be a little closer we are just waiting on a new washer bottle design as the one under the drivers side guard gets in the way of the snorkel. should only be a couple of weeks.
                  I hope that this helps.
                  Regards

Michael Peters
                  Customer Sales

TJM - SERIOUS 4WD EQUIPMENT

150 Robinson Rd
                  Geebung 4034
                  Brisbane Australia

Ph: +61 7 3865 9999
                  Fax: +61 7 3865 9991

[email protected]
                  www.tjm.com.au
                  HILLI

2007 DID VRX AUTO F/P /ARB BAR / KING SPRINGS / X-VISION-HID SPOTI'S./18" MICKY T's

Comment

Well, TJM have lost a potential sale by being cheapskates and not buying their own vehicle to do R and D on. As a result they are months behind ECB and ARB, and unfortunately I need a bullbar now. The factory bars look shite IMHO (no offence to people who have them) and are expensive for what they are. I don't like the reduced approach angle or the look of the ECB bumper over bar either, so ARB steel it is!

I just ordered an ARB deluxe bar, colour coded (warm white) with factory fog lamps, a set of IPF 900XS (one spread one spot) and a dual battery system.
                    Bar won't get painted until the 22nd, and I plan to get it all fitted on the 27th in time for my trip departing on the 1st!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X