Ad below navbar

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the turbo issue that caused rough engine running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the turbo issue that caused rough engine running?

My engine has just developed a problem - low power, poor fuel economy (26l/100km on the display). Yesterday, my wife noticed that the engine warning light was illuminated and took it to the dealer. The light was reset by the mechanic, who mentioned something about turbo pressure. However, the poor engine performance still persists.

I recall that there was some discussion in the old forum about a loose turbo connection?
    I have not been able to track down the thread, as I cannot recall the
    correct key words or else the thread was not google cached.
    Does anyone recall what the solution was? Tighten the turbo connection?

This problem has developed post 15,000 km service and it may be related.

Prior to this my VRX auto DiD had a great 9.0l/100km (pump measured) on
    a trip to QLD. Post service, and the engine has been nice and quiet, possibly
    due to the thicker oil and tappet adjustment. i.e. I was happy until the development
    of the above problem.

Steve.
    NS Dec06 VRX DiD FP

Yeah,i think it was something about the hose clamps not being tightened enough on the flexible pipes to and from the turbo so they were blowing off.
    2007 NS VRX PAJERO Di-D , AUTO , FAMILY PACK , HD TOW PACK

Comment

what do you mean by 'thicker oil' ?
      SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

There was also a thread about the turbo gate not opening. The computer can report this as a over pressure warning. I had this code in my computer but it has not reappeared since.
        2007 NS Pajero LWB, Tow pack, FP, 18" rims. A great family adventure car.

Comment

Thanks, MinniTheMoocha, I think that the turbo gate could be the problem, since the engine light was a turbo over pressure warning. On Friday, MM service only had the time to confirm the lack of acceleration. They have kept the Pajero over the W/E to take a look on Monday.

In relation to the "thicker oil", it was mentioned on the old forum that the
          original engine oil is thinner, for running the engine in. I am not sure of the details of this.

Steve.
          NS Dec06 VRX DiD FP

Comment

Steve,

I believe you are correct in that new vehicles mostly have a special light "running -in" oil in originally that is replaced with heavier oil at the 7,500km service.

Incidently, if you are having issues getting the right feedback from the Canberra dealers try Bill Lilley in Qbyn.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X