Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run in period question

Hi,
    Just wandering if there is a recommended running in period for the new diesel before you start towing a camper.

Thanks,
    Rich

i waited until around 4k ... as long as you take it easy you could go by the manual..
    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

I towed after about 1500kms on a 2000km trip no problems just used a fair bit of fuel.(Just clocked up 12000kms and fuel is getting better)
      HILLI

2007 DID VRX AUTO F/P /ARB BAR / KING SPRINGS / X-VISION-HID SPOTI'S./18" MICKY T's

Comment

Great - just heard it will arrive towards the end of the month.

I suspect I will do well over the recommended before doing the towing. I will just start to get work a lot later

Many thanks for the replies,

Rich

Comment

I picked up my SWB R DID the Tuesday before Easter. Put 200kms on the clock during the week, and hooked up my 1000kg camper on Easter Friday. Did about 800kms on that weekend, towing and 4WDing, and its running a treat now. Just avoided too many revs, especially in low gears. Some people recommend 'driving it like you stole it' approach with modern cars running in. I think if you dont do any thing silly, what harm can you do. Worked for me with my last 3 new cars.
          NM GL Diesel (Tourer)
          NS Pajero (Tar Baby)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X