new ns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new ns

Hi all if you were to take delivery of a new car. (As i have never had a brand spanker) how many kms roughly would you expect it to have on the clock?

should be well under 100km...
    -----------------------
    NS SWB-X, Nudge bar, Towbar, Sunroof, GPS, Rear cam
    -----------------------

Comment

mine had done 4 kms
      Cheers,
      Andrew

2007 NS SWB R V6 Auto - Tow Bar & Lift, Thule Aero Bars, TomTom GO720
      1991 NH 2.6 SWB Manual - Michelin AT's, Thule Roofbars, Alloy Bullbar,Hella Lamps, Pedders 1" Lift

Comment

16 on mine
        Cheers,
        Rob

2007 NS VRX DID Auto - ARB Bullbar, Dual Deep Cycle Batteries, Nightstalker HID's, Family Pack, Tow Bar & Lift, Illuminated Side-Steps, Bluetooth, Neoprene Seat Covers, Mio Digiwalker C520 GPS.
        1989 NG EXE Tdi Manual - Cooper ATR's on 16x8 Sunraysia's, Tough Dog 2" Lift

Comment

8KM - 20 is pretty normal but my last new car actually had 80km (subaru forester) which cheesed me off a bit. However, its been a great car and never missed a beat. Just had some KM's from test driving!
          Last edited by MinniTheMoocha; 10-08-07, 09:51 PM.
          2007 NS Pajero LWB, Tow pack, FP, 18" rims. A great family adventure car.

Comment

if it has more than say 20, then they used it to get the lunches or worse to demo, like most new cars i am sure the dealer can reset the odometer to zero a few times so even if your car says just a few km's it could be 200km and been thrashed on a test drive.. they are such nice folk
            SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Mine had 10km on the ODO. Although, when I bought my Astra Sri over 5 years ago now, that was a demo which only had 50km on it when it was signed over to me, (and I drove 11 of those km on the test drive), with the salesman claiming that some of their new cars have more km on them than the "technically" demonstrator that I bought at that time, as he said that some new cars have as many as 150km on them.
              Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

I always thought anything over 100klms cannot be sold as "NEW"??
                Having anything in between 5-20klms is nothing out of the ordinary.

I doubt you'd ever find any dealer staff taking a new car to get lunches, etc.. there are at least 20 or so demonstrators in the lot, they'd be taken instead!

Tampering with mileage on a vehicle is illegal, no dealer would clock up 200 or so klms then drop them down prior to sale! (Not that you could, unless the vehicle was taken to a speedo shop) Why would anyone want to risk criminal charges, loss of job, or even worse, loss of franchise???

Comment

incorrect para man... some vehicles can be reset a couple of times when new but only for limited km, my vw for example could be done from the dash with a few button sequences... if you go over the alloted km's (i think the vw was 80km) the there was no chance to do it again,it locks for good. but you could do it more than once, 2 or 3 from memory for the vw.

please call say a vw service department and confirm with them yourself, or maybe put a post on the vw webboards to confirm for yourself, you could also do a search. the cars pass adr's and the km that can be reset are minimal so don't know if it is illegal or not, but it is a feature and is done.
                  Last edited by matthewfnorbert; 10-08-07, 11:26 PM.
                  SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

Our "new" NM had 300km on the clock when we took delivery, I was later told by another dealer that it should have been classified as a demo. I don't know if there is a legal cut off when a car cannot be called new anymore, does anyone know?

Sandgroper.
                    NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

common sense i think is the yardstick.. 300km, they definitely used it as demo i would ask for a refund for a demo price..
                      SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

I was told its new until its registered, then its a demo until its done 5000k then its second hand. Mine had 18ks on it when I got it.

Stephen

Comment

I bought an NS that was in stock at the dealer and test drove it a couple of times before deciding to purchase. On the 2nd test drive, the dealer was adamant that I couldn't go over 50km as they would then have to sell as demo if I didn't buy it.

Hmm, in hindsite I should have put a few extra kays on it and then asked for a big discount
                          2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X