rear door open warning light comes on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear door open warning light comes on

occasionally when driving the warning light for the rear door open comes on, then usually goes off a few seconds later. it doesn't seem to be related to bumps or corners. Obviously I give it a good slam when closing. Any suggestions for how to fix this would be appreciated.

Does the interior light come on as well? If so, two things come to mind:

1) the back door needs adjusting, or
    2) the switch is shorting.

These 2 are the easy ones to check. If its neither of them, then I'm guessing the issue would be further down the line.
    Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

yeah, the interior light comes on at the same time. How do I adjust the lock? there seems to be several places I could fiddle with this: on the body of the car and on the door.

Comment

On the body of the car, adjust the striker inwards and it should sort it out
        Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

thank you, I'll give it a go.

Comment

seems to have fixed it, thank you!

Comment

I bought our Pajero in January and I thought there seemed to be a bit more wind noise than there should be, & the rear door seemed to sort of shudder a little when we shut it.

Anyway, I adjusted all of the Strikers in about .5 - 1mm the other day & now the doors seem to have a bit more of a positive feel & sound when they shut. still no need to slam them. (one of my pet hates)

I used to hear it at about 90 & I took it up to about 100 tonight & it seems a lot better I think.

Steve
              2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

Glad I could help mate.
                Cheers, Bundy.

Comment

that's what I love about this forum: excellent free advice!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X