NS Offroad Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS Offroad Pics

Anyone got any pics of their NS offroad? Lets start a thread for showing off the NS capabilities!

Here's a couple of mine in some pretty easy sand and a link to a YouYube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qvk6Ndq3X4

2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Nice. Are they the OE 18" wheels? Did you get a chance to test the diff lock?
    Cheers,
    Rob

2007 NS VRX DID Auto - ARB Bullbar, Dual Deep Cycle Batteries, Nightstalker HID's, Family Pack, Tow Bar & Lift, Illuminated Side-Steps, Bluetooth, Neoprene Seat Covers, Mio Digiwalker C520 GPS.
    1989 NG EXE Tdi Manual - Cooper ATR's on 16x8 Sunraysia's, Tough Dog 2" Lift

Comment

good stuff hookedon4wding.

Just a note - watch your entry it the mud/water holes...was not to much water and dont think there was much danger, but remember the intake sites right at the front of Paj.

Look forward to some more.....an hpe to add some myself...
      NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by NS Rob View Post
        Nice. Are they the OE 18" wheels? Did you get a chance to test the diff lock?
        They are just the OE 17's. Only got the Poverty Pack GLX

Originally posted by Proudy View Post
        Just a note - watch your entry it the mud/water holes...was not to much water and dont think there was much danger, but remember the intake sites right at the front of Paj.
        Yeah I know - When I looked at the footage when I got home I realised how high the water got. The puddle was actually pretty shallow but I didn't account for the bow wave (and I was probably going a bit quick too). Lessons for beginners! Looking forward to snorkels becoming available.

Anyone else got some offroad pics/videos?

Cheers, Sam.

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

Here's my NS with OEM H/T tires:

Comment

Going up:

Comment

Originally posted by Proudy View Post
              good stuff hookedon4wding.

Look forward to some more.....an hpe to add some myself...
              You would actually be surprised at how good the front entry air intake is at keeping water out. The split in the tubing behind the mouth of the intake directs water down to the large rubber "mouth" valve and expels through there, while air travels on through to the filter. I discovered this while I had the intake pipe out of it one day and was cleaning it with he garden hose. I'm not saying it is drown-proof but definitely splash-proof. We performed many deep water crossings in our NM and the filter was dry every time. Add a tarp to the front for added protection.

The Paj always gets bagged for the intake position, where I think it shouldn't. Have a look at a 120 series Prado - it's intake is under the guard inner. The early ones had problems with injesting water where the inner had been cut away to fit a bullbar (see here). Also, they are prone to picking up all the dust that the front wheel stirs up. My parents own one and on a recent trip to the High Country we consistently found the Prado filter to be much dirtier than the Paj's. Oh - and you cant add a tarp to the guard inner.

Pat
              Last edited by psproule; 14-08-07, 05:56 PM.
              16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
              10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

X2 on the Entry point for the air intake. I have had mine in water and the bow wave easily came up to the windshield wipers for a good 5-10 seconds and when I got to the other side I stopped shut everything down, and looked in the airbox and saw about an inch of water in the bottom of it and it was draining out that little flapper valve at the very bottom, and the filter wasnt even wet. Definately 2 thumbs up for Mitsu in the Engineering of the intake system in my opinion.
                03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

This is very handy to know. A couple of my Prado driving mates laughed when I told them the air intake was at the front. Very good point on keeping the dust out compared to under the guard!

Comment

If you have a look at the website I linked to re the prado it is fairly obvious just how much crap the Prado is going to pick up. There have been reports of the diesels drowning from the splash of a large puddle! Quote : "After some rough calculations, in situations where the water level is above 100 mm and vehicle speed above 30 kph, sufficient water volume may be pushed up to cause engine damage"!

Not sure why they designed them that way - perhaps to save on the cost of the longer pipe to the front? Or perhaps to make snorkel fitting easier (and perhaps mandatory). Out of sight, out of mind until something goes wrong.

Pat
                    16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
                    10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

I was starting to get a little concerned about the force of water I used when directed at the front of the car when washing it! Looks like I had nothing to worry about. So the air intake is a good design after all.

I like your youtube video there Hookedon4wding. It is quite eyeopening to see that even if you know the depth of water is perfectly within range, the entry and speed of ingress can still push large bodies of water much higher up the front of the car than you would genuinely expect.
                      Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

great water fording pics, really amazed how our pajeros can take that much punishment, did you guys have any problems with wet carpets inside? because when i removed the scuff plates i noticed that there are holes on the floor that are only plugged by clips of the scuff plates.
                        2007 NS 3.2 did auto and 1999 NL 2.8 , .

Comment

Originally posted by Nova Artist View Post
                          I like your youtube video there Hookedon4wding. It is quite eyeopening to see that even if you know the depth of water is perfectly within range, the entry and speed of ingress can still push large bodies of water much higher up the front of the car than you would genuinely expect.
                          Eyeopening indeed. I'll definitely be taking that into consideration next time! Being the first mud hole I went through in the new Paj, I went a bit quicker than I usually would to make sure I didn't get stuck. No need though as the Paj ate up everything we through at it that day including some steep low range work.

Comment

Here is my youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1lnwPT2KWk

This is a snippet of a day in Licola VIC off the beaten track.
                            2007 NS Pajero LWB, Tow pack, FP, 18" rims. A great family adventure car.

Comment

Huggetts - Licola 2007

Here are a couple of photos

Last edited by MinniTheMoocha; 15-08-07, 08:53 PM.
                              2007 NS Pajero LWB, Tow pack, FP, 18" rims. A great family adventure car.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X