Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rated Recovery Points

Hi All, first post here.

I purchased an April 2007 VRX Pajero 3 weeks ago and last week had a ARB Deluxe steel bullbar fitted. Today I dropped the vehicle off to a local 4x4 accessories shop to have two 4 tonne rated recovery points installed under the front.

The shop just rang me back to say that they cannot fit the points on this model because of the location of the chassis. Now I have no idea about cars other than driving them. But surely Mitsubishi wouldn't have built this 4x4 without the ability to fit recovery points???? The shop also said he can't fit them to the bullbar because of the airbag factor.

Is this info right that I cannot get recovery points fitted to this vehicle?

Thanks in advance

John

Factory fitted front hooks are fine for recovery unless you go realy stupid with them. Has been proven (although not exactly approved) by Mitsubishi in a series of tests. If you do a search you will find some discussion.

Pat
    16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
    10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Thanks for the reply Pat. I found this thread which basically answered my question.

Here is a link to the thread that has documents within it that I found helpful.

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ht=front+hooks

Comment

for the front. you can use a distribution strap between the two hooks then attach the strap. works fine.
        2005 PLATINUM EDITION 3.8 V6, COOPER ST'S LOVELL SPRINGS, BILSTEIN SHOCKS, ARB WINCH BAR, MAGNUM WINCH, LIGHTFORCE SPOTTIES,TJM BASH PLATES, SUMP GUARD, TRANSMISSION GUARD, DUAL BATTERY, 60 LTR TRAIL BLAZER FRIDGE

Comment

Thanks Nicko, I'll now go and source a distribution strap.

John

Comment

John

I got one from ARB. \\Nicko
            2005 PLATINUM EDITION 3.8 V6, COOPER ST'S LOVELL SPRINGS, BILSTEIN SHOCKS, ARB WINCH BAR, MAGNUM WINCH, LIGHTFORCE SPOTTIES,TJM BASH PLATES, SUMP GUARD, TRANSMISSION GUARD, DUAL BATTERY, 60 LTR TRAIL BLAZER FRIDGE

Comment

Nicko, what branch did you get it from and do you have a part number or description for it as I spoke to the NSW Head Office at Moorebank this afternoon and they say they don't sell them.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

sorry John

I just checked the car and it is: just straps. equalizer strap 6000kgs rated. Picked it up from TJM megastore.

Comment

Originally posted by nicko View Post
                  sorry John

I just checked the car and it is: just straps. equalizer strap 6000kgs rated. Picked it up from TJM megastore.
                  Thanks Nicko, I'll go and pick one up.

Comment

Working...
                  X